Monday 31 March 2014

The Winds Of Change.....

Hello again everyone! (waving)
The winds of change have been chanting around me for some time now but I haven't tried to silence it's squall. Today is my Father's seventy-first birthday and the mind grounds are full of marvelous memories I made with him. Since his death over eight years ago, so much has changed. A few marriages and new faces have been added to our flock of families. Oh how happy the addition of little ones would have made my Dad, he loved being around kids. Though I still miss his mug daily and often long for his encouragement, love and support, life does go on and the pain isn't as present . Every time I share a memory of him with someone he is there. When any of us do something he loved or open our hearts to another, I can almost feel his pride. Today I am focusing on the fine even though I'm fearful of the future. In the next few months we will have to wish our oldest Son well as he graduates high school and moves north of where we are. I feel ill when I think of it to long so I won't type much about that. Our youngest will be twelve soon and my health is well so I have been looking for work. With the boys growing up and able to do much of what I use to for them I have been feeling a bit useless around here. I have been a stay at home Mom for most of the last eighteen years and I feel it's time for me to financially contribute to my family once again. I miss working and want to be doing something more than the things I do around here. There are a couple problems with my plan. I am forty-three and uneducated. Maybe that will be overlooked considering the employment avenue I want into only involves cleaning or doing dishes. We shall see.

In the last few weeks things have been pretty good around here. I really can't utter an awful word about anything. The best news I have to share is that my good friend Chrissy made it through a very serious surgery. A bit deflated I felt when a few folks said to be realistic and not get so full of hope. It didn't deter my faith one bit. This lady has more life and love of it in any ounce of a day than most folks I know have in a lifetime. The Big Guy is great and I will proudly state that whenever I feel the need to, like now!. I spent much of last week making perogies for many people and it was wonderful to give some away to friends that stopped in for a visit with gifts for me and loved ones. A dear friend from high school came by and we shared smiles, laughter and concern for each other over coffee. She generously gave me gifts from a trip to Cuba that she and her Husband recently went on. With that she also gave us some homemade wine they make. The following day my Cousin, another fine friend came by with more wine that her Father made. I felt so honored to be given this gift because he made it acting on thoughts of my dearly departed Daddy and the wine he and his Father use to make. Visiting with two people I love two days in a row was wonderful and I am still feeling the sweetness from it a few days later. Thank you ladies and Uncle Timmy!

Earlier this month my Mother-In-Law was down visiting her Sister who just lost her Husband. Cookie/Spun lives several hours away and does not drive but she dropped everything in her life to come and comfort her Sister. That says so much about the person she is and the love she has for others. I have personally witnessed it as well, most recently June of 2011. I had surgery and she came to help her Son and I in our daily lives with kids. I didn't get to see Aunt Jo after the funeral but she sure has been in my thoughts and prayers since then and I hope Cookie was able to comfort her. It makes me feel good to think about the love Sisters can have for each other. I bet you think I'm going somewhere with this, right?, well yes I am. Today I am having many thoughts of my own Sister. Some sunny others stormy, well maybe not stormy but one went well with the other, sorry. Anywords....for March Break this year Julie generously invited us to join her for a few days at Kalahari. To those of you who have never heard of this place let me describe it to you in a single sentence. "Jungle themed water wonderfulness in the hugest hotel I have ever seen", what a fantastic place for families and most of us had a terrific time. I won't name call or mention it further but for once it wasn't me being the wet blanket. There was one water ride called The Swahili Swirl and that was my favorite followed by The Zip Coaster, though my back is still tender to touch from that one. Sitting with my Sis in the hot tub, watching the kids surf on The Flow Rider, playing cards together, enjoying meals with each other were all of the finest things for me. Back to the title of this entry. After our trip ended my Sister had words with me that still have us in a stalemate state. We aren't arguing or being ugly to each other but we are in an uncomfortable place. Without going into detail I will say that it is me who needs to change. I owe so many at least that, making an effort to become a better person so that everyone I love will benefit from it. Although, I wish she would have just smacked me upside my head for forgetting my passport and wallet back at the hotel when we were halfway home. That would have been less scary than the future for me.

Yup, I'm leaving it in deep thoughts today folks. It will motivate me to make improvements in all my awfulness. Thanks for reading what's in the mind grounds and may you soon feel the sun on your face as I do today!






No comments:

Post a Comment