Thursday 14 May 2020

Wonderful In This Woeful World.....

Hello again and thanks for looking in on me! I have missed doing this but have remained busy.
I hope you are well in health on this thundering Thursday in May.
Tomorrow marks the start of my favourite time of year....SUMMER!. Though it doesn't officially start until next month, I kickoff the season on the Friday before Victoria Day every single year.
This will be the first one in my life that we saw snow in the same month.
Tomorrow is also my nephew's 20th birthday. Time sure has flown and has also gained speed while doing it. 
When I last laid lines here I was just starting school again after dropping out at 14. 
I am very happy to report that I have acquired all of my grade nine and ten credits and I am well on my way to attaining the remainder I need to get that darn diploma!
Like last year, the teacher I have is amazing and I'm grateful to have had such a good experience so far. That was until....(doom music plays in my head)....The Killer Corona Virus.
Talk about coming out of left field!!. What a wallop it's whipped us with!. Never in my nastiest nightmares did I ever imagine something so scary, sickly and sad would swoop in and send us all into our homes, filled with fear. I honestly have never before this, given a thought to something striking so worldwide. The complete sadness of people having to die alone makes me mourn their loss of life. It sure has given me more reasons to be grateful for all of my blessings, especially the health of  my loved ones. I have learned a lesson or two through it though and I hope to keep that in the front of my mind grounds. One thing is for certain, not one of us has any idea what the next day, week, month or moment will have in store for us. I hope that this changes humanity in a kinder, humbling way.
We sure have become pretty high and mighty, wouldn't you agree?
I have also sadly seen in myself a lack of patience for some people when I have been in public. I'm not claiming that I could take anything in stride like a saint, surely that is not I...lol. 
I'm just noticing how the Corona Crud has had a hand in me not being at my best.

Ok, I'm ready to type of wonderful instead of woe. Soon it will be June and that means my sons gain another year in age.
The oldest is turning 24 while the youngest is entering 18. I have not the first clue how it happened, I swear they were ten and four just two years ago!
Both are healthy and well and for that, I am most grateful. The younger one just received an e-bike for his upcoming birthday and sure does love it.
I'm thankful for this generous gift but now worry even more about his safety when he is away from me. It does give him freedom though and because of Covid-19 and our close living space, it has been beneficial for him.
The oldest is doing well in his job and just found out that he is getting a raise, full benefits and a pension.
I am so proud of the boys, they have accomplished more than I had in their young years.
Today as I type this out in my nest, I can't help but think of the coming months and mostly, if my baby boy will graduate this year or if he will have to go back for another one.
I tell ya, there sure hasn't been a shortage of thoughts in my head through all of this. I have been keeping busy doing things I love, mostly cooking and bringing meals to loved ones.
Today I'm making cabbage rolls and look forward to sharing them with others.
Well folks, my hip is hurting and I have get up and move so I'll say sayonara senors and senoritas!
Hopefully I will make it back here soon.
As always, thanks for reading what's in my mind grounds!







No comments:

Post a Comment