Wednesday 23 January 2013

Colder Weather.....

That's what we are feeling right now and it's not just colder, it's fifteen below
freezing with no warmth in sight!
Now is the time of year I start really looking forward to the Summer sun.
My mind wanders to less fortunate souls that have no choice but to seek shelter
at the mission or anywhere else they can to keep from catching their death in
this crippling cold.
I pray that my loved ones along with myself, will never know what that's like.

Life around here lately has been pretty good and I have only minor complaints that
I'm trying hard to keep hidden because I really shouldn't ever whine about anything.
Archery is going well and I'm hoping to arrow up with my Hubby Bub tonight.
Our youngest still counts down sleeps until "skate time", it's super seeing him enjoy
it so much and I'm thankful for all the help and support we've been given, it's had
him in hockey mode since the start.
I'm also looking forward to a few things in the near future.
A trip to my Cousin's in Toronto with other adults in the family is something I'm
excited about. We will be preparing for our Cousin's upcoming wedding in May.
They have asked me to join them and I'm honored indeed.
We also have a trip in March planned that will include hunting for my
pack-of-penises.
I can't wait to cook, clean and play games with them while sitting around
the wood stove.
In further distance is the hopes of a vacation with my Husbands side of
the family, it's a long trip but one I always enjoy taking.
The passing years and time in between visits is sad to think about and I long
to see our branches bundle together, once again.
He has a very large family and our Son's continually ask about them.
I wish we could see them more often but I'll be good and grateful if we can
just get there and spend a week with them.

As you may remember, a Dear friend and family member who has been very
ill for years, is still fighting for her life.
Since Christmas, she has been in sweeter spirits and I can't express how happy
that makes me.
We've seen each other since then and have kept in touch on the phone as well
as in cyberspace.
She is planning many exciting things for this year and I'm hopeful she will achieve
all that she has set out to succeed in.
I gain strength and sweetness from her, like I do from many others in my life.
Seeing how others struggle has always helped me silence my own sorrows.
Maybe that's why I enjoy going to the nursing home so much.
You want to see souls who suffer and have not much left in life?, then visit any
nursing home and it will surround you the second you walk in.

I was also looking forward to a much needed "girls night out" but our plans fell
through and we are all trying to nail down a date in February.
It's a very hard thing to do when everyone has such busy lives but it's nice to
know that our children's schedules are the reason for it.
I love knowing that my friends and family put their kids first.
Today I don't have much in the way of plans, archery, like I mentioned before
and a visit with Meme later today but aside from that, not to mucking futch. :)
I'm warm at the moment and hope to remain that way, grateful and feeling pretty
fine in this day.
I hope you all are too!
I'm gonna leave these lines, quite possibly my shortest blog ever and grab another
coffee and curl up with either a book or a movie.
I'll lay down a song of the same title found above and a couple of pictures.
Thanks for reading what's in the mind grounds and until I post again, stay safe,
snugly and smiley!  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment