Thursday 6 December 2012

As Long As I'm Singing.....

That right there is a sure sign of whether things are good or bad with me.
If I'm singing, all is wonderful, if I'm not then you can be certain
I'm not in a well way and may need help getting back to beautiful again.
There aren't many positive things I can state about myself .
However, at the end of a few rough days, I can say that I am a person
who cares about people and I have no problem asking or offering help 
when needed.

I started this entry late last night and was to tired to type on so I'm
continuing it now.
Yesterday went well enough and we were happy to have some dinner
guests join us.
I didn't make anything extravagant, lasagna hamburger helper, mashed potatoes
(by request), steamed broccoli and beet & spinach salad.
We enjoyed the meal and each others company.
Today is the birthday of one of our guests from last night and I sure was
happy to be able to spend some time with her right before her big day.
Happy Birthday Space!, you helped brighten my day.

This morning I'm struggling my way out of a sad state.
Usually I don't dare offer an entry when I'm in such a low way but I've
been battling these emotions on and off for a few days and figured it was
time to due something about it.
My Sis helped me turn the light on and as always, I'm indebted to
her optimism.
To give you an idea of just how ugly I had become, here is what I posted
in cyberspace earlier.
"Moon Beam Gerene has the nails and hammer in hand and
is hard at work."
A friend asked what I was building?, I was so tempted to reply "I'm building the perfect beast" but didn't.
Maybe I should have, nah, this is a better way to get it out.
I was in fact in the middle of complete self crucifixion, hence the nails
and hammer crack.
Told ya I was ugly and that right there is proof of it!
In this moment I have my mind wrapped around something my Sis said
while we spoke on the phone.
"Come on Ger, you said this has been going on for three days, cheer up!,
we'll be there soon and we will have fun"
She's right, she's always right and I'm grateful to have her and so many
other smart, sweet, souls surround me.
Now why the hell am I swimming in sadness for?
I have more than I can use in life, always have what I need to survive and
am able to move freely.
Sometimes I believe I need a good slugging.
Tonight the boys and I will be making homemade pizza and then playing cards.
Today I am going to tend to some duties around here and go back to reading
The Spellman Files.
Maybe if motivation finds me I'll even get out on my bike. :)

Well I've done what I needed to do here so I'll leave you with a swell
song that has the same name as the title of this entry.
Thanks for reading what's been muddling around the mind grounds.
May this day deliver us kind and helpful to each other.
P.S Sorry there were no good links for the song on youtube. 

As Long As I'm Singing.....





.


No comments:

Post a Comment