Monday 15 April 2013

Two Sisters: Sunshine & Moon Beam......

Well I'm sure you know which one I am.
Though I mention my sunny Sister often, I felt the need to type about her today. You may be wondering why that is. If you care to read on, I'll try to put into words why she is so much on my mind grounds this morning. Lately I've been going through changes, along the way I've been encouraged by my younger and much wiser sibling. It never seems to matter how stubborn or sour I can be, she is always there to offer her support, even though I'm well aware she secretly longs to slug me. Sometimes I think she should, maybe it would stir up some sense in me on those days that I struggle. Over the past couple weeks we've had a few phone conversations that have had me thinking down right deeply about who I am and how I can serve the people I care for in a more positive way. She has a way of getting under my skin and swimming in the think tank, more than most. I honestly couldn't stand her as we were growing up and I often asked "The Big Guy" to remove her from my life, I'm very shamed to state this but it is the truth. I definitely don't ask him for that now. Not only do I adore her but she constantly inspires me to give more of myself when I feel like laying down the life in me. What changed my feelings from sour to sweet?. I really don't know when it happened, it's not like a light went on or anything but through the years, I've seen why it is so many folks flock to her. She is by far the sunniest soul I have ever encountered. Often do I wish she could be cloned and spread throughout the world. She has the whole package people!, charming, dedicated, funny, witty, wise and ever so beautiful, inside and out!. I hope you can feel the pride I have for her in these lines I've laid because it is my inclusive intention. Unlike her stubborn Sister, she avoids confrontation at all costs and constantly compromises to make others comfortable. I often mention how blessed and lucky I feel to have so many kind, considerate people in my life but few do justice to those two words like Julie does. I'll give you an example of her efforts.

We allowed our youngest Son to have a friend sleep over on Saturday night and decided to take the kids to a life long, loved location. Colasanti's is where we ended up on Sunday, you local readers know where the  spot I speak of is. I spoke with my Sis yesterday to tell her about the great day we had and how our Mother and Step Father joined us in it. She was happy to hear of it and told me of a conversation she had with our Mother recently. I knew instantly that Julie's dedication and determination had something to do with our Mother's marvelous mood yesterday. Yes folks, I can tell right away when someone has had "a talk" with Juw. The woman just has a wonderful way about her and I'm beaming now just because she's my lil Sis. (I was not paid for this praise) Though there were rain clouds and cold all around, sunshine and serenity sliced through our weather woes. Mom and I had pleasant conversations about many things and I was so happy that she accepted the invitation to join us. We shared, good food, laughter, smiles, some exercise and most of all, marvelous memories. I also purchased our Mother's gift for our big day in May. Yup, I'm pretty pleased and can't wait to see her face when she opens her present. Returning home last night and talking to my Sister was the perfect ending to a dandy day. Monday's aren't always great for me but I'm feeling pretty good in this one. Also, I received words of hope from a friend that I've been filled with worry over so my day really did end on a good note all around. There are two things I'd like to quickly mention before leaving these lines. Our oldest Son continues to make excellent efforts at school and yes, my Sister also had a hand in lighting that spark. Our youngest Son was awarded the most improved player medal on his hockey team last week and I couldn't be more pleased with his puck progress.

Well I see the sun is out and it's not something we've eyed in awhile so I'll bid you all a mayhem free Monday and hope that you'll be happy and well in it. I'll leave a few pictures since my last entry, along with two favorites of my Sis. Thanks for reading what's in the mind grounds!










No comments:

Post a Comment