Friday 5 April 2013

Different Day, Same Duties......

Well it's the truth, I'm knee deep in dough once again. Don't read me wrongly, I'm not woeful about it. Actually I'm quite well and wonderful at the moment. I wasn't so, a couple of hours ago. Nothing that a good talking to and reading of others struggles, couldn't take care of though. The sun is shining and I still have all my loved ones with me in this world, what's not winning with that?
This blog my take awhile in getting posted for you, I'm making perogies and can only type in between boiling batches. It's also helpful that I'm busy because if I wasn't, it would be sucking on the sourness of myself for the remainder of this day. I woke filled with woe and worry, on a Friday, who dos that?. Anyway, I've been meaning to add another entry here. I wanted to type about the excellent Easter we had.

Though I wasn't able to make it to Good Friday's mass, I did partake in Passover and though it was nearly three hours long, I enjoyed every spiritual second. As you may remember me mentioning in my last blog, my Godchild's confirmation was at this mass and I was honored to be asked as her sponsor. Never would I have thought twenty years ago that I would be participating in any mass, never mind being a Godparent. It does my blood pumper proudly that she will attend our oldest Son's Catholic high school, next year. Her Mother was also Confirmed and I was glad that they did it together, it was sweet to celebrate their new sacrament with them. On Sunday my Hubby Bub had to work and the boys and I didn't do much with the day until he returned home. Dinner was had at my Uncle's house where we joined many members of my family for the fabulous feast. There was turkey, mashed potatoes, roasted lamb, baked beans, shrimp, perogies, veggies, gravy, dinner rolls, meatballs and much more that I'm not recalling at the moment. We all widened our waistlines and wonderful just doesn't do justice to the efforts everyone made.I was so proud that my Uncle asked everyone over, the older we all become the more frantic I feel from time trickling by.

Like my last lines laid here, I'll keep these short because a beautiful day is upon us and I want to entertain myself elsewhere. I managed to snap a few shots from the Conformation and Easter so I'll post them here. Thanks for reading what's in the think tank and for the love of Friday, I hope you're happy and in well health!


No comments:

Post a Comment