Wednesday 12 June 2013

Mermaid Marvelousness.....

That's how I'm choosing to describe some recent visits with friends. I know it's been a few weeks since I last laid lines here but this is a busy time of year for me. Though the Summer sun hasn't been sticking around much, it didn't stop us from sharing smiles with friends and family. Let me fill you in on what we've been up to. In my last entry, I somehow forgot to mention where I got my "mermaid on" first this season. It was during May 2-4 weekend at a very good friend's house. I believe it was May 19th to be exact and I loved every kid-less second I spent with her. My boys weren't to happy that I was going for a visit without them but their brutal behaviour brought it about. As I waited for my Husband to drive me over to her place, my friend and I made plans for the day. I was invited to dinner and couldn't wait to see her and her family again. I've been friends with this lady for over twenty-years and even though months may pass between visits, we never forget where we left our laughter. She's cracks me up, constantly and I always return home with sore sides from the belly shakes we've shared. My friend's Husband is a fine Fella and is always a humble, hospitable host. He barbequed ribs, burgers and hot dogs for us and I enjoyed gathering with them at their dinning tent and table. Their Daughter was having some friends over and it was a treat to see them being typical teenage girls. I remembered fondly how I spent many Summer days giggling with my girlfriends, getting our mermaid on, laughing in the lake or playing Marco Polo in some neighbourhood pool. Ahhhhh thoughts of youth, passed. It really is wasted on the young, you know. Also, I'm glad I had my gills on that day because their pool was cold as cubes of the ice kind. I did go in though, only briefly but I can proudly say, I was in water that was under sixty degrees.

My next Mermaid Marvelouness would take place at my Cousin's house. I believe it was Monday June 3rd. I peddled my pounds over to her place around lunchtime and brought left over homemade pizza for us to fill our faces with. It was delicious but not nearly as delightful as devouring the day with smiles and sharing stories. Though my Cousin didn't join me in their hip high pool, I soaked in the sun and splashed about while she shared say so's with me lounging in a lawn chair. We laughed and lingered on while sucking up sweet cloudless sunshine from the sky above. The weather wasn't humidly hot, just bright and beautiful, like my comical Cousin. Two days after this, my Son turned seventeen. Man that doesn't even look right, in reading it back. How can all those years have sped by so speedily?. Though his birthday this year wasn't as elaborate as some others, I think it went wonderfully. He had a nice breakfast, breaded fish and poutine for dinner, a birthday cake with peanut butter/chocolate icing and even a couple gifts thrown in, gravy, I say!. Next week we'll do much of the same for our youngest Senor, he'll be eleven. Yup, it's flying by but I'm good and grateful to be a part of it all. Shortly after this, my six year old Cousin would come for a sleep over at our house. We tried this two years ago but he didn't do well and wanted to go home. That didn't happen this time, he had a blast and loved spending time with his two older Cousins. I'll add a cute picture of them playing while waiting for the weather to warm up. It never did but they shared splash time in the tub more than once. That brings me almost up to date with lines laid here. One more gill goodness to share with you, this past weekend found my Son's and I spending the night with friends in Wheatley. We had a wonderful time and I'm shamed to say that our Aidn took the prize for pool time. We didn't get there until later in the day on Saturday so the supper I had made for us would have to wait until lunch, on Sunday. My friend had a birthday back in May but we were unable to do this, then. The edibles I offered were her birthday gift, one of her favorites, chicken and sliders (glissants) and I'm sure I've mentioned them here before. Our always generous and giving hosts made sure that feasts were had. For our visit, they crammed the cupboards with fabulous foods that have certainly added pounds to my super-sized self. One of the things I like most about our visits with theses friends is their easy going attitudes. Never do I see them up in nerves about anything and I'm always envious when witnessing that in others. I'll not drop names here but, a little wild one I know decided to fling a fit after midnight and I had no handle on it. Yup, I went and lost my lid, nothing to knotting, just stern, stubborn say so's flung from both sides of the fence. In the end, he was sent to bed. While the tantrum took place, my friend sweetly smiled and stayed calm while communicating with my kid. One day, I'll learn how to do that, I hope. Thank you to all of my friends and family for everything you offer me and mine. We are grateful for the good in ALL of you and everything you do!

Well, this day is getting by and I'm thinking, wet is in this Wednesday, for me. I'll add a few pictures from some of the precious time, mentioned above. Thanks for reading what's in the mind grounds and may this day be wonderful for us all!




No comments:

Post a Comment