Saturday 13 September 2014

Just When I Thought......

Hello again! (waving)
Though I know it has been many months since I last left say so's here, nearly six! and I really believed that I was done with the blog/writing bug. I guess there's still something left in me to say. Where do I start?. So much has happened since I last laid lines in this cyberspace. Our oldest Son has flown our chicken coop and left the nest we've made for him over the last eighteen years. Surely I could see the sadness headed straight at me, right?. I knew it would be troubling but I had not the first clue on just how hard the aftermath would be to handle. Just when I thought it would get easier not having to straighten out strife between our boys, life showed me it can always get worse.....ALWAYS! (I'll get to that in a bit). Liam's graduation was a great success on his part and he worked so hard to strive for grades we could all praise him over. He even earned a gold rope which is given to students who excel with more than an 80% average. Peacock proud and pleased are we!. Then there was the graduation party that we held for he and my Nephew who graduated from grade 8 and was the Valedictorian of his class. Dang, I should back up a bit. Right before Liam's ceremony was my Nephew's ceremony. My youngest Son, Aidn and I were invited to join my Mother and Step-Father at my Sister and Hubby Bub's house for a couple days. How happy I was to help celebrate his achievements. As always, there were many people staying at my Sister's house, her Husband's Mom and Dad were there and it was wonderful to spend time with them. We had not seen them since my Sister married their Son. A highlight for me was being able to sleep out on the front porch for not one but two nights!. Of course seeing my Nephew give his speech was also grand, sleeping outside is a favourite thing in life for me.

Okay, onto the part-eh!...hehe, a little Canadian humour. It was held on Sat June 28th and warm doesn't begin to describe the weather. I am NOT complaining. How I wish this Summer would have had more of those humid days. We invited around 50 people and I think that's about how many joined us in the celebration. It was wonderful, truly terrific!. I'd like to thank everyone again for being so generous with their time, money and travel expenses to be with us. Julie, I and all our children wouldn't have been able to do it without every one of you!. My Sis sure did pick a nice place to have the party, outside at a local park with a pool on the property. The food was fantastic and I'm glad we had enough ice to keep everything cool. It wasn't fine dinning but it sure was delicious!. Hot Dogs, hamburgers, assorted salads, loads of beverages and a kahton of cake!. One of the best things about that day was seeing so many people from my Hubby's side of the family. Aunts, Uncles and Cousins came together and surprised us completely. My Hubby Bub's Mother and two of his Sisters made the trip down from six and eleven hours away. I wish they could have stayed for a few days but could only be here for the one afternoon. I couldn't imagine making such a long trip with having so little time to enjoy it, grateful I am that they were here for us. After the party we had an after party at my Cousin's house. On the spur of the moment Marty and Shonna opened their home and perfectly pleasing pool to us. What a way to spend the remaining hours in that day!. I can't tell you how happy it makes me seeing all of our children playing and enjoying each others company. That's how we were raised and my blood pumper pounds proudly seeing the tradition continue on. The most comical moment had to be when we were all waiting for Julie to arrive. Every single one of the kids helped fill water balloons to wield at her upon her arrival. Such a shame it was to see her soaked again after just drying off from the last water balloon belting....hehehe, poking fun at my Sis never gets old!. Julie being the wonderful sport she is laughed and chased the little ones who were first in line to wet her. Another belly buster was when Cousin Colin shoved sticks in his older Brother Brandon's shoes while he swam in the pool, hahaha man I love my family! Thank you all for such wonderful memories they were some of my sweetest this Summer!

For the love of lines I'm not going to be able to tell you about everything so I'll shorten my say so's a wee bit. Since March we have had two graduations, two deaths in the family and one new life born just recently. There was a welcome home BBQ for one of my Aunt's that came from out West and several sunny sweet moments that still make me smile when swimming in the think tank. I'd be lying though if I said its been all sun and rainbows. It hasn't, not by a long shot!. Honestly, this past week was particularly problematic for me. No, those aren't the right words. Down right depressing are the fitting ones for my feelings. I won't go into details about it because it is in the past now and at this moment, I am only here, in the NOW!. I will say that several souls are why I can set my sights on sunnier skies today. Another thing I want to mention is how The Big Guy came through for me, by way of others. He always does, even when I'm feeling unworthy of anything. Thanks I owe you everything!. On to thanking the ones who helped me out of my me heaps. Julie, Shonna, Marty, Aunt Pam, Uncle Mike, Billy, Liam, Lisa, Darlene and Aidn. I'm ever grateful for everything you have done for us.
I haven't even typed about the three mini vacations we shared at our Aunt and Uncle's, one of my best friend's 50th birthday party, visits with many I love, Aidn and I's terrific time at Peche Island and how it's all flown by in what feels like a week. Maybe I'll get back to being more frequent here and tell you all about it soon. Until then, thanks for reading what's in the Mind Grounds and I hope you're in as good of a way as I am today!. Of course I'll add a few photos folks! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment