Saturday 28 March 2015

Six Months Slipped By.....

Hello again everyone! (waving)
Yes indeed, six months has slipped by since my last say so's. Why did I let that happen?. Well, no sense in singing the same song, I'm here now and happy to be. Today has been a decent one so far, actually, the last few have been pretty darn dandy. Where do I start in telling you about what's taken place in our lives lately?. Hmmmm....how about hockey?. In September of last year, our youngest Son started another season of hockey. This was his third year and proved to be his best yet. Though The Greyhounds started and stayed sluggish through the regular season, boy did they finish up on a slick side of the stick, second place!...pretty schweet!. Our boys made it to the finals and we couldn't be prouder of their efforts!. Halloween was cold and snowy but for the first time ever I was at my Aunt and Uncle's to hand out candy. I missed trick or treating with the Cousins and their kids but I was stuck in the states and Aidn was serving up spooks with a friend at a haunted house. It was the first year he wasn't with us. My Hubby is the one I felt bad for though, he had to pick me up an hour away and was rewarded with the sight of me all "Whitchy 'n' Wild". Actually, as I recall it wasn't a woeful day or night and I was pretty pleased to be helping my Aunt and Uncle. Five days later fell my birthday and that didn't go as well. It wasn't a complete wash out though and some smiles were had so I can't complain. I did get to spend my 44th with many people I love and was spoiled beyond what I deserve, so that's what I'll keep front and center in the "Think Tank".

On to Christmas I guess, that held some very good memories!. Our oldest Son came home with my Sis and her crew and that alone made it marvelous for me. We all miss him so much that when we do get to visit with him, it's a terrific treat. For the last few years our Uncle holds a Christmas Adult get together and it's always a good time for our families. The food, friends, family, the fun!. I feel grateful to be surrounded by so many people I enjoy keeping company with. The one painful part of Christmas this year was not having our "Memeness" to share smiles with. She passed away five days after Jesus's Big Day 2013. You may remember reading that here. Anyway, it stung and I know it always will. It's great to laugh and remember, share and smile about the past we all share with loved ones. This Christmas was no exception. It looks like that brings me to New Year's Eve. What a wonderful one it was!. My Hubby Bub and I decided to let Aidn have a few friends sleep over, three of em. Also a few of our friends celebrated with us for a bit. We had what seemed like a field of food, took the boys skating and rang in the new year with smiles and laughter. It was a late night for the boys and I, if my memory serves their batteries gave out at around 3:30 am and mine had life until 5....hehe I still got some Night Owl left in me!. In my wordiness here it seems I've forgotten to mention that my Husband has been off work since November. I could wright a few blog entries about that boy!. However, that isn't going to happen. I will say that we took a trip through hell but are still "trying". It was hard the first few months but we had huge help from family and friends and The Big Guy along the way.

The next few months went by quite quickly and we are now in full swing Spring mode. Aidn's hockey banquet was a week ago today and it was wonderful to see all the Greyhounds in their jerseys joking around with each other. We had never attended in prior years so we didn't know what to expect. A full house is what we walked into. Some 400 people were there and I was happy we were able to sit together. I think our Son may have had the biggest show of support with eleven arses parked in pride at our table. In his first two years he played with a different league so it was nice to experience something new. What a great time we all had even though this league's practice pad was much further from our house. It didn't matter a darn bit because he made new friends and had a ton of fun. Also, I'd like to make mention of the cool as cubes coaching staff. Aidn has always had great coaches but this year was made special by extra outside efforts from the staff and parents of teammates. Before I forget, many thanks to my Cousins for making hockey happen for our little lad, this season.

That brings me almost up to speed here. I would like to mention the magnificent time we had on March Break. First, we went to Deer Camp with six other adults for two whole nights!. All adults and no kids made a fun time for all of us!. Now before you start thinking I'm a meanie not taking along the boys, I am not. After our old folks weekend we came home for two sleeps only to turn around and go back for three more with our Son and two of his friends. It felt fantastic to bring along other kids that didn't have any plans for March Break. Made even better by seeing them try new things for the first time. Did I say how much these boys like to eat?, well they sure do!. Luckily, I LOVE to cook and tend to others so we all enjoyed our time away. The nights were my most favourite time. Kids playing mini stick hockey or watching movies while Hubby Bub and I sat in front of the wood stove, chatting about the day and anticipating the next one. We also made our bed downstairs, not far from the wood stove.....super schweet sleeps!. None of us wanted to leave but we hope to bring them all back real soon. Well I gather I've forgotten to tell you about many other things that have taken place since I last laid lines here but hey!, it's Saturday night and I have two of Aidn's friends sleeping over, a movie for my Hubby and I, along with a pizza dip I have to make for the Lads. So for now that's about it. As always, thanks for reading what's in the Mind Grounds and may you be well in health and happiness!
















2 comments: