Tuesday 13 November 2012

Leave The Light On.....

I constantly have to remind myself to do this when leaving unanswered
questions and truly trying thoughts in the think tank.
I'm having one of those days where if I linger to long in the mind grounds,
misery will make it's way in this day and I refuse to let that happen.
So, I'm choosing to do something more constructive instead.
Housework was also an option but I'm just not motivated enough for that
at the moment, laying lines here will help me get to the housework, later.  

This past weekend found our flock of families together at our Aunt
and Uncle's house.
Every year for the last several, my Sis and I collect our crews to spend
the weekend with our loved ones and help them decorate for Christmas.
It was a wonderful one and I'll remember it for some pretty good reasons.
First and foremost, I must make mention of all of our offspring's awesome behavior.
Take a bow, kids, you made good choices and because of that you'll get
praise from me!
It was fabulous being with everyone and our time together sped by way
to quickly for my liking.
Even the two hour car ride getting there was comical, chaotic but comical.
I know that I've went on about my Sis and her family before but it really does
deserve repeating here.

My Sis is one of those people who brightens any room just by being in
it but she's also always equipped with extra light bulbs.  :)
Her, my Brother-In-Law, Nephew and Niece were kind, considerate, funny
and very generous.
I was impressed with everyone this weekend and even our Sons were well
with each other.
That's not a frequent thing to find so you darn right I'm gonna compliment them for it.
Good job guys, Mommy noticed and I'm sure everyone else did too.

We returned to our hometown on Sunday morning with time to spare in attending
our youngest Son's hockey game.
They lost but it was wonderful that so many people came to watch him play.
My Step-Father was there along with my Sis and her crew, my Godchild,
two Cousins and our Uncle.
Afterwards we were all treated to lunch and though I was feeling fine when we left
the rink, soon things would slide sourly for me.
Never one to let selfishness shine I started in sternly on our youngest Son's
behavior after the game.
Aidn is a brick wall when it comes to arguing and was happy to go a round
or two with me.
I won't get into the ugly of it here but I will say that I was the one who ended
up getting stung by it.
At the restaurant it seemed like most everyone was angered with someone else.
It got to me and I refused to eat.
That's right folks, my forty-two years of experience in this planet we play on
looked like only two in a few short minutes.
I was miffed that so many of us were complaining, pissing and whining about this
or that woe when we were all being given a gracious gift.
I explained to my Sis why I was upset after everyone ate and I apologized for my
attitude but felt I had to take a stand.
The only one that it ended up affecting was me.
Yup, poor choices, I still make many of em but someday hope to make less.

Later that day we took our Son's and a Cousin to archery.
The two kids shot first then while my Hubby Bub brought the young ones home,
Liam and I stayed for the adult shoot.
We enjoyed it and though I'm not doing as well as I had hoped, patience I'm trying to
have with myself.
The best of this so far has being seeing my Son's take an interest in something that
was once a big part of my life.
I wasn't able to shoot a "bullseye" but I'm determined and get excited when
the kids arrow em.
Well I think this is wordly enough, for now so I'll leave these lines with a
few photos from our weekend away.
Thanks for reading what's in my mind grounds and may you be happy
and well in this day.
I am and thank the big guy along with those that love me, for it.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment