Wednesday 20 February 2013

Demon Days And Nice Nights.....

Everyone has them, right?
I can think of a few people I know that seem to never have these days but I'm sure they do, sometimes. It isn't possible to spit sunshine constantly, is it?. Maybe you're asking why I picked this of all things to talk about. Well to be honest, I had one of "those days" yesterday and it's good to be back at beaming now. Why was I so down, you say?. It all started as soon as my lids lifted and I woke from the nest. Usually I am pretty complacent in the morning but before my feet hit the ground I knew my day would be filled with woe. Worry over finances, and relationships in my life, were on my mind. As the day went on, I would snowball things like I always do. I gather that I'd just decided to dive into the depressing state that served me, I tried hard to turn it around but I obviously didn't try hard enough because I sat in the sewer of myself for most of the day and even part of the night. When my Husband started heaping on me after I seemed to get over the hatred I had for myself, I was then defeated and just remained silent for the remainder of the day. Once he fell asleep I started thinking about a friend that made me smile yesterday and how much more she has to struggle with in life than I do. This friend always seems to be there when I'm in need of support, The Big Guy really does work through others and I'm grateful to have so many sweet souls care about my well being.
Time to move on to the "Nice Nights" part of this blog.

Last Saturday my Husband and I went out on a "date night", I can't even remember the last time we did that. We were joined by a few Cousins and their boyfriends. I was looking forward to spending time with them. Two of the ladies that were to be there, backed out and were unable to attend but that didn't do damage to our delightful time. I'm willing to wager that you're all tired of always reading about my family. Well then feel free to read elsewhere! (sticking my tongue out at my audience, rude yes but playfully put.) I'm a lucky lady indeed to call so many family members my friends and I always enjoy their company. Never a disappointment, there were a few comical moments in the night, my favorite being when my one Cousin continually whined over my poor choice in table picking for us. I arrived before everyone else and was asked to get a table large enough to accommodate everyone, yet close to the dance floor. That's what I did but unfortunately it was right near the "smokers" exit. Have I mentioned that I enjoy more than a pack a day?. It was quite cold out and she would get chilled whenever someone entered or exited, sorry about that Sue! :P
It was a wonderful surprise to see another Cousin that I rarely get to exchange giggles with. My understanding was that her and her Beau would be unable to be with us so when they walked in, I was perfectly pleased to see them both. The remaining Cousin, as always, is loads of laughs to be around and I was on day three in a week of visits, with her. I think the best part of our evening out was seeing branches in my Mother's bunch, beaming with happiness I witnessed in their "mile wide" smiles. Thank you all for helping to make the night a "nice" one for Hubby Bub and I. He enjoyed himself and has informed me that he will again join us, in the future. He would have liked to be ale to play more pool with the other Fella's but unfortunately we couldn't stay late. Waking up at 5:30 on the weekend for a 7am hockey game, has it's downfalls. I'm glad we were able to be there at all, Jack Frost tried hard to cancel our plans but he FAILED!

I'd also like to mention Heart Day that took place last week.
Above, I spoke that I knew my day would be filled with woe when I woke, yesterday. Well the opposite applied for Valentine's Day this year. From the moment I opened my eyes and greeted my Husband with a kiss, I knew the day would deliver me dandily! and I was right in my assumption. I had a very happy Heart Day from beginning to end and once again, I'm feeling the fuzziness of so many precious moments, now. Hopefully in the future I will find a way to start all my remaining days in a sweet state.
I must get to the day at hand but I'll leave these lines with a few photos from our good times. You'll not see one from my demon day though as I'm certain you would all turn to stone upon seeing such a sight. Medusa was me, yesterday. Thanks for reading what's in my mind grounds and until I type again, may you be happy and in well health.



3 comments:

  1. NIce. family, the love and hate, the pride and disappointments of life all rolled up in one big lump. DON"T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR JOY!

    That's how I see it from my church pew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welll, I had this cool commnet and it disappeared..You'll have to settle for "well done"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting here, Sir.
    It always does me dandily to know that others read what's in my mind grounds.
    When folks comment on it that makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete