Friday 1 March 2013

I Will Serenade You....

Looking at the title of this entry I bet any of you can gather a guess on how
I'm feeling this morning. Luckily, none of you can hear me right now.
Yup, I'm singing and in a sweet state of mind. Maybe you're wondering what
song I'm singing, Well I'll not keep you questioning, it's Let Me Serenade You from
my Father's favorite band, Three Dog Night. If you're unfamiliar with it's fineness then maybe you should give it a listen some time, great feel good tune.

I really don't have much to type about today but I'm in a good way and want to make the most of it. Typing out my thoughts is not only therapeutic but it helps me remain optimistic when I feel others are opposed to me. I had a couple of those days this week and didn't want to add any sour say so's here, so silent I stayed until sunshine was again at my shore. Thinking back on the days that  have passed since my last entry, I'm remembering the smiles and belly shakes we shared with some family and friends last week. Friday found us "getting our mermaid on" at a local swimming hole. I didn't partake as I was keeping a Cousin company who has yet to grow her gills. I did enjoy being able to talk with her and snap shots of our family of fish. This past week has also had me doing a kahton of cooking, think I'm preparing for all the meals I'll be making at the deer camp in ten days. I've made perogies, french onion soup, croutons and chicken & sliders (glissant's, as the french call em).  Today I don't plan on being at the stove near as much, maybe just to reheat some of the above said treats.

At the moment I'm very excited for our upcoming mini vacation. You may remember me typing of "deer camp" last year and how we spent New Years and March Break there. Like then, some family members will be joining us and that always makes my blood pumper go "giddy up". Another reason why I feel so elated  about things like this is because our boys enjoy it so much and count down sleeps , right along with me. Sharing in these simple pleasures really does add to my "joy" in life. Thank you Liam and Aidn, when I see you looking forward to anything, it always adds enhancement for me!. Did I mention my Husband's enthusiasm?. Any of you that know him well can give witness to his anticipation over thoughts of being at the "deer camp". Personally I think his time off work serves him just as sweetly in the think tank but deer camp is one of his happiest places to play. I'll leave this one short because my back is bugging me. Our Son's laptop is laid up so I don't have the luxury of adding an entry from the nest and this computer chair just ain't the best.
I'll add a couple pictures, one old (my favorite spot at the "deer camp") and the other, new. Also I'll include the above mentioned song, in case some of you are curious and care to give it a listen. Thanks for reading what's in the mind grounds and may this day be marvelous for us all!









No comments:

Post a Comment