Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sail On To Sunnier Shores.....

That's what's in the think tank today!
I am trying to settle myself from a shocking start this morning. I won't go into details as to protect the privacy of others but I will state that it has me a bit shaken, not stirred. Boy!, a Martini would be good at the moment!. An appearance from James Bond would be even better!...hehehe
Right now I'm good and grateful to not be handling the huge heaps two of my friends are being hit with. We're at only Wednesday and this week has been a rough one for them as well as myself. Puny, little problems of mine have shadowed most of the sun we've shared. Today I will make different efforts and hope to find some solutions, while trying to Sail On To Sunnier Shores. As for the fire my friends are going through?, I will pray, plead and provide any promise with the Big Guy to help them get through what they struggle with and.....I'll be on my knees while I do it!

Changing lanes in lines here.....
I often wonder while I'm typing if I've chosen the right words and used them correctly, spelling, punctuation and meaning. For example, look above at my title here, should it read "On To" or "Onto?", should that question mark I just used be inside or outside of the quotation marks?. Most times I will seek the correct way but sometimes, like today, I'll just let it make way out of my mind grounds and edit or not, later. I guess it's my way of trying to take my thoughts off what's bothering me. Maybe I just need a straight jacket for "the upstairs", who knows?, not me....I'm rambling now, sorry, I'll stop.

Oh I remember what I was so excited to blog about, it was this past Sunday!
Unfortunately, sadness struck me and held me in a stranglehold, until today. Now that I am starting to feel the sweeter side of myself again, I can share with you what I was overjoyed about. As I've mentioned in previous blog entries, our youngest Son Aidn plays hockey. Every Sunday finds My Husband, my Step-Dad and myself, rink side. On March 3rd, our oldest Son and my Mother attended as well. Any of you that know me well can state how happy this made me. I always enjoy my family being around but when a certain someone decides to include themselves in things we do together, then it's gravy!, I bet you already knew that. I also had another reason to be beaming, well two actually. Our Aidn scored his first goal ever!. I can't begin to lay lines about my excitement and enormous, emotional expression of it but of course, I'll try. :) I wish I would have glanced at the time ticker so I could relay the exact moment it happened but I was so sucked into "his moment" that I couldn't shake myself from it until the end of the game. I must tell you what my Husband said to me a good ten minutes after Aidn scored, "Ger, can you please stop crying before I start?" and as we were leaving, a comical older gentleman asked what I would have done if our Son had handed out a Hat Trick?, I replied with "I probably would have dropped dead from a heart attack". I think I may now be considered a "Hockey Mom", what do you think?...hehehe. Also, our little Laddie added an assist to his ranking. Really though, It doesn't matter to me if he would have scored or done well at all. It's his first year in it and as long as he is having fun and enjoying himself, that's enough hockey happy for me!

Well I've some time on my knees to be getting to and will feel even better once I do that so I'll leave these lines with those I've laid and bid you all a dandily day!. I'll also slide in a song and a couple pictures from Aidn's game. Thanks for reading what's in my mind grounds and until I type again, may your problems be piddly and your promises be preformed.








No comments:

Post a Comment