Tuesday 7 August 2012

Concert High Coolness!.....

That's what I was into last Friday night.
It took some bribing and convincing on my part but I was finally
able to talk my Husband into taking me to Rockin' On The Riverfront.
This was the fourth time we had been and it was an enjoyable evening out,
even though Hubby Bub was in a miffed mood all night.
I didn't let that stop me from having a swell time though.
The weather was wonderful, like it's always been when we go.
Hot, humid and a blowing breeze from the water, beaming I was!
We've seen Asia, Three Dog Night and Bachman Turner there and I
haven't been disappointed yet.

He sang all the hits but my favorite for the night was Just Between You And Me.
For those of you who may not know who Lou Gramm is, I'll fill you in.
He was once the lead singer for a band called Foreigner, a successful band
from the 80's.
Huge hits they had, that included Jukebox Hero, Hot Blooded, Cold As Ice,
Waiting For A Girl Like You, Urgent, Double Vision, Feels Like The First Time
and Head Games.
Though Journey was my favorite band back then, I always enjoyed most of the
efforts these guys released to radio.
Mr Gramm was diagnosed with a brain tumor back in the late 90's and lost a lot
of the range and power in his voice though he still sounds sweet to me.
The show was just over an hour long but with the opening band it was well over
two hours worth of good solid classic rock.

After the show, we were off to spend the weekend at our Aunt and Uncle's
house in Michigan.
They needed some help with stuff around the house and we're always happy to
help them out.
It was after 11pm once we arrived so I took to doing some laundry and getting
Aidn ready for bed.
Hubby stated he would come and sit outside by the water with me but he ended
up falling asleep on the couch instead, I gave him grief for it the following day
but then felt badly because he works so hard and is up everyday by 6am.
Of course he can't stay up as late as I do.
Sometimes I expect far to much from him.
Again, it didn't ruin my good time and I stayed up by the shore, all by my lonesome
until five in the morning.
The moon was marvelous in her bright beautiful beaminess on the water, man that
sight sucks me in, every time!
I awoke in a well way and even I was surprised by my good mood.
Rarely am I in a bad way when I'm there because my Aunt is one of those people
that make everyone feel warm and welcome.
Also her Husband is very hospitable and gets a kick out of our little fireball, Aidn.
I'm so glad that we get to spend so much time with them and I'm already looking
forward to seeing them both, this coming weekend.

I can't believe that's already the second week of August.
Does anyone have a stop or pause button on Summer's speed?
Push one for me if you do, please.
Well the suns out and I'm kid less once again, thank you Papa!
So I think I'll so soak up some rays because the tan I'm sporting ain't
brown enough for me.
I'll add a song and a few shots of us from the show.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day be marvelous for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment