Monday 13 August 2012

The Ones I Look To.....

Many people come to mind when I think of those I look to.
Topping the list most days are my Aunt and my Sister.
Both are very kind and generous souls who often put the needs and desires
of others, first.
My Aunt's entry into the pearly gates is something I'd be willing to bet on.
Hopefully all of you have someone like that in your life, as well.
When I think of how I'd like to improve things about me, it's her and a couple
of others that I'd like a carbon copy from.
My Father is also one who I look to but now that he's departed I have only
the past to search for the lessons he left me.

Actually there are many folks I see different strengths in.
Some friends that we've met up with in the last week, are some.
My Cousin (close friend) came over for dinner on Tuesday and while
we were chatting it up, one of our favorite couples, stopped by.
It's been quite awhile since we've seen them last and it was super sitting,
sharing smiles and laughter with them again.
I met the Wife half of the D&D Duo, twenty years ago when she worked
with my Mother.
Not long after we were introduced, we became best of friends.
Her mild manner and forgiving nature, has always held my admiration.
Quite comical she is, as well and constantly cracks me up.
She's had her share of bumps in the road of life, sink holes even but she
stuck it out, slapped a smile on her face and stepped forward.
Now she is happily married to a man I also admire.
He loves her and all their children, works his backside to the bone
for less than he's ever had to before and is devoted to his loved ones.
Always welcoming when it comes to friends and family, he opens his heart
and home to all of us.
I'm thankful to have had three of my best friends over for a visit and hope
that we can get together again soon.

Over the weekend we were once again in Wheatley, this time it was to
help our friends.
Our youngest Son brought a friend with him and it was wonderful to see
them having fun.
Jumping, splashing and sharing laughter were highlights of the weekend for me.
As always, our friends were generous and great to keep company with.
The food was fabulous and our time there sped by, way to quickly for my liking,
Thanks for all the love, laughter and late nights this Summer, my friends,
they won't soon be forgotten and I'm forever thankful for them.
Though I don't know yet if his efforts paid off, my Husband worked on getting
their hot tub back to bubbly.
A few weeks back he removed the broken piece and just put the new one in.
I hope it worked but none of us were sure when we left.

Back to the title at hand which I really haven't strayed from.
I gather that all of those I love and spend precious time with are indeed the
ones I look to.
Some, for nothing more than a reassuring smile or supportive squeeze,
others offer humor and help lighten my load with laughter.
My children give me promise in their personalities, they persevere
and plow on even against my best efforts to tame them.
My Husband, who is to blame for my hair loss some days, works harder than
anyone I know and always gives it his best go.
Blessed is me and I know it!
Though I'm in pain today, I've been focusing on the fabulousness of the
Folks in my life.
Yup, I'm provoking the positive so I can numb the negative!

Well I must get to this day, it's Monday and that always means more
effort needs to be made!
I'll add a picture from our get together last week.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may you enjoy the remainder of this day.



 














No comments:

Post a Comment