Thursday 23 August 2012

Precious Time.....

That's what's on the mind grounds this morning.
Recently I went to see an Aunt in the hospital who is very ill and it's got me
thinking about life in a large way.
This Aunt has always been very kind and considerate towards me and other
members in my family and I'm sad with worry for her well health.
Like when anyone I love is sick or in a bad way, I always want to run to their
side and do anything I can to make them smile or feel better.
My Mother has always told me how her oldest Sister was like a Mother to her
since they lost theirs when my Mom was only sixteen.
She was there for her when she struggled in her first pregnancy and gave birth
only six months after their Mother had died of Leukemia.
Through the agony of giving her first child up for adoption.
A few short years later she would again be there for the bumps and bruises
of , marriage, two more pregnancies and eventually a divorce and custody battle.
Through it all, there was my Aunt, always offering her love, support and encouragement.
It hurts to not only to know that she may not have long to live but to see my
Mother in sadness over it as well.
I feel helpless and long to heal my Mothers heart and rid my Aunt of her disease.

Yesterday I had breakfast with three of my Cousins, two of them also call
the lady I've mentioned, their Aunt.
We spoke of how good she looked when we had our reunion in July and of
how quickly things change in life.
I am so happy that we had those precious moments back on July 20th
because they mean even more to me now.
The conversations were kept light and I'm sure that's because none of us
wanted to sink in the sadness of the situation and always seek sharing smiles
when we're all together.
What I took from our breakfast meeting was a renewed sense of love for not
only those I have in my life but for the precious time we've been given to share
those moments, thanks Big Guy!

This weekend I will be gathering with my Sister and her crew.
Call it an end of Summer Soiree.
I am very excited for this as I will be getting my oldest Son back.
You see, my Sister and her Husband have had the pleasure of his company
all Summer and I miss him so very much!
I know we'll have fun and I can't wait to soak in all the smiles, sunshine and moonlight.
Last night we allowed our youngest Son to have a sleep over and though
they were up way to late for my liking, I'm beaming over their best behaviour.
Aidn hasn't had very many friends since we moved here seven years ago and
it pleases my blood pumper to see him have more people to play with now.
I never had many friends at his age but I'm happy to say that the one I was closest
to back then, I'm still in close contact with now.

Well I just made the boys potato pancakes for breakfast and my Son's friend
has never had them before.
I'm basking in the praise from there mouths and bellies, it is a great thing when
others appreciate the efforts we make for them, isn't it?
I'll leave you with a picture I posted not long ago here, just feel like it needs
to be seen again.
Also, I will leave you with a finely fitting song for this blog entry and a couple
of pictures from yesterday.
In closing I would like to ask any of you out there that are Lord lovers to please offer
up a prayer for my Aunt's well health, she needs them now more than ever!
Thank you for reading what's on my mind and may this day be marvelous for you!









No comments:

Post a Comment