Thursday 6 September 2012

Sealed With A Kiss.....

I feel as though I haven't blogged in months but it's only been a couple
weeks since my last entry.
This morning as I made my way from the nest, the song in this title was
playing in my mind.
It's always reminded me of Summer's end and every year when the kids
return to school I can be found humming it's tune.
Many things do I have to share with you here so I'll get right to it.

First off, I'd like to let you all know that my Aunt passed away on Aug 28th.
One day shy of her 71st birthday.
My Sis, her kids, my Hubby Bub and our children were all in Michigan when
she left this life but we were happy to put our vacation on hold so we could
come back to comfort our Mother and say our final goodbye.
We decided it would be best if my Husband stayed back while just Julie and I
go to the viewing.
This way, the kids could still enjoy the day while my Sis and I made our way
back to Windsor.
We planned on stopping in to see our Meme's Sister, Aunt Marce who is
now in a nursing home.
I'm so glad we found the time to follow through because I hadn't seen
her in a year and my Sister states several years have passed since she last
laid eyes on her.
Aunt Marce was always a very kind and gentle soul and I'm happy to say that
she still is, even though she may not remember so well.
As you may have already guessed, she has Alzheimer's and didn't remember
us when we entered her room.
Last year she knew who my children, Husband and I were, this year, not so much.
It was sad but we had a lovely visit and she truly was happy to have the company.
Over and over she told us of how her and her siblings had to be in bed by 9pm
every night in the Summer and my Sis and I could tell how it must have
peeved her plenty back then.
We had to laugh when she commented about the cute male staff and how
she didn't mind spending her days looking at them. 
Aunt Marce has always been a sparkle in my life and I'm happy that we were
able to see her again.

Before I go any further in this entry I want tell you about a special guest that
joined us on August 28th for her birthday.
Our Cousin who is always busy and bustling about, just so happened to be free
and by the grace of our Aunt and Uncle's hospitality, she was able to spend the
night with us!
The pleasure was all ours and she cracked us all up with her comical ways.
Every time she would say  "Oh shut the front door!" in place of a well known
swearing sentence, I would laugh out loud.
My Sister made butter chicken for her birthday dinner and we had a very nice night.
Thank you Cousin for choosing to spend your big day with us, we had a blast!

The week away flew by and though we had a terrific time, I just wish we could
find a way to make our visits linger on longer.
We ate like royalty and enjoyed every ounce of sunshine we were given, only one
day of rain, if I recall correctly.
During our stay there were a few scuffles, mainly due to my own stupidity and
stubbornness but I'm happy to report that no one lost an eye in any war of words.
The days were warm and wonderful while the nights were relaxing as we relished
the quite time after the children went to bed.
A perfect pleasure it was to witness and bask in the Blue Moon on Aug 31st.
Any of you that know me well can testify to the love I have for that
celestial sweet sight!

Another bright spot in our time away was having a childhood friend stop
by with her three Sons for a visit.
My Sister hadn't seen her in at least twenty years, it's been over five for me.
Superb it was hearing all about her family and sharing smiles and laughter
with her again.
Very  much like my Sister is this woman, beautiful, bright and spreading
sunshine wherever she goes!
We spoke of getting together next year for a weekend and I do hope that happens.
Much time in our younger years did we spend with her family and I miss seeing them
on a regular basis.

I really must be going but before I do there is one more thing I'd like to
share with all of you.
The end of my Summer for the last couple of years has been our Aunt and Uncle's
Polish Luau Labour Day party.
My oldest Son and I have attended and helped out and this year we were pleased
to be invited back.
I love spending time talking with my Uncle's side of the family, I didn't know any
of them growing up so they are all new smiles to me.
They were very welcoming and warm with Liam and I and just like last year, we
worked hard to make everyone comfortable and content.
One of their guests was a Bridesmaid at their wedding and I was tickled when
I heard she and her Husband would be joining the party.
I remember very clearly how Maureen ended my crying at my Aunt and Uncle's
wedding when I was five years old.
No way on my "Hell No Highway" did I want to walk up that aisle alone and
wished only to be next to Maureen all day.
Seeing her again brought back a flood of those fine feelings and we shared many
kisses and hugs at the party.
She kept saying how my smile hasn't changed and how much she loved seeing
the things she had in common with my oldest Son.
It was wonderful to see everyone and felt so good at the end of the day
to know that we helped make it beautiful for everyone.
Often I feel useless and worthless because of my issues with self esteem
but I never feel like that when I am helping others.
Thank you to everyone who helped me have a very happy vacation, two in
one Summer is beyond sweet!

I'll leave these lines with a song titled the same as my above entry and a few
pictures from our travels.
Thanks for reading whats on my mind and may this day be going your way!











 


No comments:

Post a Comment