Wednesday 19 September 2012

Socks Or No Socks?......

Socks or no socks?, that is the question.
Well at the moment it is and to wear socks, won.
Though it's been cooler for the last couple weeks, I haven't needed to sport socks.
The day started as most others around here with one new thing I noticed.
Nippely air surrounded the nest I was so nice and warm in.
Though I wanted nothing more than to linger on in sweet slumber, the island
sound of the song "Jump Right In" rang from the alarm.
Time to wake up and I was ever anxious to dive into the day.

I've been spending some time with a wonderful woman and today
we planned on enjoying each others company once again.
Once I made breakfast for the boys and sent them off to school, I landed
my large load in front of the computer to listen to music and read.
I was ready to leave at 8:30 am and was looking forward to the laughter
and long talks we always seem to share.
Things don't always go as planned and today was no exception.
You see, my friend is fighting a field full of huge health hardships and she
sent me an e-mail early this morning, letting me know she wouldn't be
able to make it.
Her leg was sore and she wouldn't be doing much in this day.
My heart sunk knowing she was still in pain.
Yesterday it was really giving her grief and I prayed that her pain would ease or pass.
For the past eight years this fine, funny, female has been battling pancreatic cancer.
Yup, probably the one folks fear most.
My mind races thinking of how hard most days must be for her and others
that struggle on in sickness.
Diabetes, heart problems and a host of other health heaps, weigh down
her every day.
Still, she smiles, jokes and lives on in the most gracious, generous and compassionate ways. 

I'm not gonna spend another single second typing about the disease
that does it's best to keep her down.
No way on my "Hell No!" highway will I give that more energy than what
it's taken from her.
Instead, I will make mention of all the wonderfulness that is this woman I speak of.
Where should I start?
I'll tell you about the first time I remember meeting my friend who
is also a family member.
Though I don't recall the exact day, month or year, it was at her fundraiser
and my Mother-In-Law asked us to join her.
I do believe our Son Aidn was still in a stroller.
Many years would pass before our paths would cross again.
Though I didn't see her through the years, I always wondered how
she was doing in life.
I knew she was married with children and often prayed that the Big Guy
would gift her many years with her loved ones.

That's where Cyberspace and the beauty of blogs came in.
While reading my Sister-In-Law's wall at facebook I spotted our Cousin and
a link to her blog.
I  started reading all the entries and enjoyed every one, a natural talent for a way
with words is hers and I still look forward to reading anything she has to say.
One day while I was deep and dark with the demons of myself, she reached out to
me and offered kindness and concern.
She'll never know what those simple gifts gave to me.
Since then we have spent more time together and are learning about each other.
It's very much a relationship of give and take but I always seem to be getting much
more than I'm giving.
Well that's how it feels to me, anyway.
How I'd like to clone her and few other fine folks I know so the world could be filled
with more helpful, humble humans.
Have I mentioned how blessed I feel today?, well I sure do and plan on hanging
on to this feeling for as longs as it flows.

My oldest Son just came in for lunch so I must say so long for now.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day find you in a well way.
I'm gonna leave a song that always seems fitting when I'm full of feelings for others.
One last thing, I'd like to ask any of you Lord lovers out there to  please offer up
a prayer for my friend's well health and happiness, thank you so much!








No comments:

Post a Comment