Friday 20 January 2012

Drawing A Blank.....

That's what I'm doing at the moment.
I have been wanting to add another entry here all week but I've
been drawing a blank.
I really don't want to keep typing about the same things I've talked about before.
My life is not an exciting one but I will try and give you something worthwhile to read.

Last night found me once again at a funeral home, the third time in
the last three months.
Another family member has passed and the only thing that comforts
me me when people leave this place is sharing memories of those we've
lost with loved ones.
As I spoke with my Aunt about her Husband and his last couple years in life, I was
surprised at how well she seemed to be doing.
They shared 47 years of marriage together and I can only wish the same for
my Husband and I.
All I could think of was how in the world can she be standing here greeting
others and asking about how things are in their lives?
I swear if I am ever in this situation I will be next to the casket bearing arms
while directing visitors to pay their respects and leave me alone.
My eyes started leaking whenever I looked around at the loved ones our
Uncle left behind.
Not long ago my Sister told me that we are different when it comes to sadness.
She stated that I was better at handling it in the long haul but when it first hits
she does dandily.
I gather that she is correct in that calculation.
As I go on through this day I've been gifted with I will try and keep in mind
the things that I know matter.
My family and friends will be told that they are loved and my temper will be tamed
knowing that I am here while so many others are not.

Once again we are faced with Friday and I'm filled with excitement for
the coming week.
Hubby Bub turns 44 soon and we hope to be going away to celebrate it.
I'll be making perogies and though it's a lot of work, it's well worth it to see
others enjoy them so much.
I really should scoot now as I have one of our Sons home from school today
and must get him ready for the day at hand.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day find you happy
and in well health.

No comments:

Post a Comment