Tuesday 10 January 2012

Nothing Special.....

Nothing special is a weird way to describe anything I think.
We use it when referring to a non eventful day, what we wear
and even when speaking about others and how we see ourselves.
I'm guilty of doing this as well, how odd.
Now that I've noticed it and I'm irritated by it maybe I will try and
be a little more creative when expressing my thoughts.

Lately I have been trying very hard to see something special
in everyone I look at and it's a lot easier than I thought it would be.
There is a lady in our neighborhood that gets around by her bicycle
like I do and she is always wearing rainbow coloured clothing.
A few times I have overheard children whispering and laughing
about the way she dresses and it always makes me sad.
Personally I think she makes an awesome choice in her everyday
apparel, what better way to ensure a good attitude than to wear
bright beautiful colours?
Next time I see her I think I'm gonna let her know how what she
wears always brings a smile to my face.

Over this past weekend we celebrated my Uncle's 50th birthday.
We all gathered at a local watering hole and enjoyed each others company
and all the fantastic food that everyone made.
There were meat balls, chicken wings, lasagna, Pat & Hanks fish,
cheese sticks, venison, humus, quiche pockets, kielbasa, baby pigs
in a blanket and crackers...think I remembered everything.
I was so glad that we were able to be there and even a couple of my
closest friends came out to wish my Uncle well.
I'm not so far away from fifty and if the good Lord shall have me see it I
hope to spend it with all the wonderful people that were there Saturday night.

There really is nothing specail about this entry but thank you for reading
it anyway.
May the remainder of this day find you happy and in well health.
This ones for the rainbow on a bike lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment