Wednesday 14 March 2012

Good Gravy Life Is Great!.......

Well this past weekend it was anyway.....
Plans for the deer camp were already well on their way by Friday morning.
My Sis and I spoke for awhile about everything over the phone and ignored
the eight times our Mother tried to interrupt our conversation with her
constant calling.
After we hung up I felt overcome with excitement and got busy with
finishing up the packing for my family.

The day was uneventful and it seemed like five o'clock would never arrive.
It did and we were greeted at the deer camp with my Sister and her family in tow.
Always a wonderful sight.
I've mentioned before how nice it always is when company contributes to a meal
when we get together, well my Sis brought Chinese food with her and it was
delicious and devoured by our eight hungry mouths.
My Sisters Husband had to work in the morning and couldn't stay the night
with us but it sure was wonderful to spend some time with him again.
A kind hearted, smart, funny man he is and it's always a pleasure to share his company.

Saturday we enjoyed breakfast and some chatting time before my Sis and the kids
got to heading back home.
After they departed I found myself in a very grateful state and wished they could have
spent the whole weekend with us but work calls and she had to answer to her schedule.
She spoke of returning for dinner on Sunday night and we had high hopes
of our Cousin and his family joining us as well.

Sunday found us in a very relaxing way.
I enjoyed cleaning and keeping the cabin tidy while also making a no fuss
breakfast and lunch.
We did experience some turbulence with our youngest Son later in the afternoon
which landed him upstairs for a cool off period.
While he was up there my Sister showed up with her kids, one of their friends and
my oldest Son.
That instantly simmered my stress over the whole situation.
It was then that we found out my Cousin and his crew would be joining us.
A good night was gonna be had, I just knew it at that point!
While everyone was bustling about outdoors I answered my Cousin's phone, it
was his brother telling us that our family vacation plans were a go and I was
very excited to spread the good news.
I must tell you of the superb supper we shared.
My Sister made butter chicken, a dish I had never had but have heard others
salivate over.
I'm always grateful and enjoy any meal folks make but this one meant more because
she made it after working a midnight shift and being waken by kids with only three
hours of sleep.
I loved every mouth watering bite and appreciate all she did to make it back out
with us for another visit.
Did I mention that the dog who was hit last week was also at the deer camp with us?
Yup, not only did she live but she suffered no incredible injury.
She walks with a limp and has a small cut on her face but is alive and well.....absolutely amazing.
We watched the little ones take turns shooting the guns and enjoyed
each others company .
My Sis couldn't stay the night  so we said so long shortly after that.
I kissed her and thanked her for all her efforts, expressed our love and said see ya soon.

The night was filled with fun and laughter.
The kids had a full day and happily went upstairs to watch a movie when bed time came calling.
The four of us adults gathered around the kitchen table for some smiles, sauce and belly shakes.
My Husband had been up early and was in the fields with our Son for
most of the day so he was tried and said goodnight before everyone.
My Cousin's lady was next to leave and she looked as though she hadn't slept
in a week when she left us at the table.
We quickly got bored with what the radio had to offer and put on some George Jones
and Willie Nelson cd's.
After laughing and sharing magical memories of our childhood with each
other, I recall my Cousin starting to have eye leaks over our conversation.
Not sad and depressing but happy and filled with love.
I'll cherish that weekend forever for many reasons but when I can make others cry as
I so frequently do, it's just gravy I tell ya.

Well I could type about this all day but I have places to go and a very beautiful day is
out there for us to dive into.
Thank you for reading what's on my mind and may this day be marvelous for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment