Wednesday 28 March 2012

True Gifts.....

Give me a minute here folks, still sweeping sleep from my sight.
It took my a little longer than usual to leave the nest today.
I didn't sleep so swell last night, Mr Happy hands is to blame.
In less than a month it will mark twenty years that I have been tolerating this.
It could be the one thing people hear me complain about more than anything else.
Pardon the pun but I feel sleep is not something you "screw" with.
Hubby Bub doesn't feel the same way, obviously.
I better stop typing about this though because I can almost hear my Sister
saying "ewwwww to much information."

On to why I titled this entry the way I did.....
A couple of days ago Hubby Bub and I went to visit some good friends.
I'm shamed to say that's it's been over a year since we last saw them and
yes, we live in the same city so I have not that to use as an excuse.
Sad I know but I'll try my best to not let that happen again.
After exchanging hellos and hugs we sat down for a nice little visit.
Her two Stepsons were there along with her Grandson who is now seventeen.
Seems like just a stones throw from the day he was born
Time really does gain speed with every passing year, I swear on my soul it does.
I always enjoy spending time with these folks because they are fun to be around,
speak their minds and are always kind and generous.
A short time ago our friends took a long trip to a variety of places and in their
travels they picked up a gift for me.
As I've said before, I never feel deserving of most things and though I do enjoy
being given a gift I felt foolish that she would even think of me considering how
long it's been since I stopped in to say hello.
What they bought for me is a sketch of a pelican that is also signed by the artist!
My eyes started to leak right off and I had to stop myself from becoming a
blubbering mess.
They purchased it in New Orleans and I am still touched that they would do
something so sweet for me.
I collect pelicans and even have a tattoo of one on my leg so this was a wonderful gift
and I will always have happy thoughts when I look at it.
It's not the thing I cherish most though.
Their friendship, kindness and consideration are the true gifts here and I am blessed
to have them and so many others in my life.

After we said our so longs, we drove her Grandson home and I went in to
see her Daughter, one of my oldest and closest friends.
I haven't seen her in awhile either so it felt great to go in and give her a big hug.
I would have liked to hug her Hubby Bub also but he was held up trying to hold
their huge horse of a dog from jumping on me, thank you Sir, I appreciate that!
Later that night after nestling down in the nest to say my prayers, I thanked the
big guy for all the wonderful blessings in my life, my friends and family always top
that list and as I closed my eyes in search of slumber I was filled with love and happiness.

At the moment my mind is wrapped around thoughts for another friend who
is also a family member.
We saw each other last on Saturday at her Nephews funeral and it was wonderful
to talk with her and so many other people I love even though it was in a gathering
of grief.
Since that day she has been sick and unable to work, I'm worried over her and pray
that soon she will return to well health and her happy self.

As I leave these lines I'm filled with the sunshine of this day and happy
to be making my way through it.
Many thanks and much praise to the big guy, my friends & family that make life
worth all the struggles of living through it.
I hope well health is yours and that the day at hand is a good one for you.
Thank you for reading what's on my mind. 


2 comments:

  1. Still wish I could have "borrowed" the pelican from the beach house I stayed at. I know you would've loved it more in person than in a photo. ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already enjoys many gifts from you and I talk about you and your kindness towards me always, thank you M. :)

    ReplyDelete