Monday 16 July 2012

Giving Thanks......

That's what I've been doing since 5pm on Friday.
You see, I had to babysit my two Cousins and most of the day went dandily.
The boys were bouncing about and both in a beautiful way, always enjoyable
to walk into that.
As soon as their Father left for work they started asking to go outside and play
in the hose, something I do with them quite often.
I explained that I had to make dinner for them and after I started that we
could go out and get our gills wet.
Very good boys are they and didn't give me a hard time about having to wait.
They happily played all through the house as time ticked away.
At around 4pm I slathered sun screen on em, grabbed their hats, the dog
and off we were to play in the hose!
I completely enjoyed watching them both run through as I held the hose for em.
Is there anything better to see in life than laughing children?
Maybe seeing a life being born comes first but kids cracking up is a very close
second then.
When the older one ran through he would act like the Incredible Hulk,
making faces and flexing his muscles as he fled from the water following him.
Of course that meant his younger Brother would do the same and there is just
something so comical about siblings copying each others actions.
A damn fine time we were having until it all went woefully wrong. 

As the little one made another pass through the water stream, he slipped
on the wet grass and went down.
At first I thought he was laughing about it then quickly realized he was
having a Seizure.
It happened so fast, he went from laughing and running around to a minor
slip that sent sent him into a "fever fit"
I guess that's what these are often called.
He isn't Epileptic but has Seizures when he gets a high fever.
Though he didn't have a fever earlier in the day, the Fireman and Ambulance
attendants said he had a fever when they took his vitals.
While he was in full fit mode his helpful big Brother went to fetch my purse
as their cell phone was in it and I couldn't reach it from where I was with his Brother.
Scared doesn't do justice in describing how I felt as my eyes saw the terror,
his tiny body trembling.
It sure didn't take long for help to arrive and I was so relieved to see all of the
paramedics come to his aid.
Though the Seizure itself only lasted a minute or so, it took what seemed like
forever in getting him to regain consciousness.
Finally after they pumped air into him through this bag looking thing they were
squeezing, he started crying and came back to us!
Never did I think a child crying would sound so good.
That is the exact moment I stopped praying and started praising!
Until that moment all I could do was stay by his side and pray that it wasn't
his time to go.
Over and over again I thanked all the professionals for their help and it
wouldn't end there.
Here I sit on Monday morning, still thanking the Big Guy and everyone involved.
I love these two boys like they are my own Son's and just couldn't live with
myself if terrible tragedy came calling while they were in my care.
Also I've thanked their Aunt who came to help right after the incident and the
Neighbours that also expressed concern and offered support.

Remember I typed about making presents for friends last week?
Well those presents were perogies and we were due at our friends house
for 6pm on Friday so I could make dinner for everyone.
Because of what happened with the kids I had to call and let them know
we were running late.
If it wasn't for the boy's Aunt offering to help, I would have had to cancel our plans.
My Husband went with their Aunt and dropped off a vehicle to the Father while I fed
the oldest Son dinner and spoke with him about what just happened.
He has seen his Brother have a Seizure before and was cool as cubes during it as
well as afterwords.
I am so proud of  how he handled himself while all the commotion took place.
He was calm and in control the whole time, maybe he should think about being a
Fireman or Ambulance attendant because the boy has nerves of steel.

Once we made it out to our friends house with their presents we had a
wonderful night.
I don't think I could have enjoyed that first jump in the pool more than I did then.
As always, the wonderful water was healing as it washed over every part of me.
It was nice to have my Husband their this time and we enjoyed everyone's company.
Next time we go out there our Aidn will be able to join us.
I'm missing our Son's mugs and can't wait to see them again.
Only  five more sleeps until I see their sweet smiles!

Well that's about all I have to type about today so I'll leave these lines
with a couple of pictures.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day do you decently.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment