Friday 13 July 2012

The Speedy Season.....

If I know nothing else in life, I am certain that Summer is the speedy season.
Since I have been child free for the last two weeks a few of my friends and
family members have seen me online early in the morning and it seems they
feel I should be searching for more slumber.
They keep asking me why I'm not sleeping in?
Simply put, it's because I haven't been able to sleep in, to many exciting
things going on in my life right now.
Besides, I hibernate in the Winter and will catch up on shut eye then.

Though I know many of you do not like the heat and humidity that this season
holds, it sure serves me sweetly.
I LOVE everything about Summer!, the big bright ball that beams above, the wet
wonderfulness of the water, late nights by a flickering fire, tent sleeps under the
stars, lounging around with friends and family and outdoor concerts in the
night breeze are the things I love most during this superb season.
You could add up all the good things about Spring, Winter and Fall but it wouldn't
amount to an ounce of what I adore about Summer.

I'm anxiously excited this morning.
Leaving the niceness of the nest, I made my way to the computer for to
fetch some music.
Instantly I started bopping about to the latest sounds from The Zac Brown Band.
Though I would happily type about music all day, I'm wise enough to know that most
folks don't hold as much interest in melodies as I do, so I'll just politely post here
and there about songs I'm listening to and their significance in my life at those moments.
Soon the above mentioned musicians will be making an appearance on the
Today show and you can bet your banjo I'll be watching them and singing along!
I'm hoping I can see them play the song I posted on my last blog entry.
Yup, if you want to know what it is then you'll have to go back and look,
hehe, I'm every inch of evil, at times.

As I mentioned above, my excitement levels are highly heightened this morning.
You see, today marks only seven more sleeps on the calendar until I get to see
my Aunt, Cousin and her Daughter.
I haven't seen them since I was a teenager and have never met my
Aunt's Granddaughter.
Fond memories do I have of time spent with them and recall my Father
always speaking finely of my Mother's Sister.
We will all be gathering at a fellow Cousin's house and there will be several
branches in our bunch that will be reminiscing about the wind we once
blew in together.
I love that I'm able to get together with the folks I grew up with and relive the
love and laughter all over again.
Yup, it's gravy in the boat of life, to me.

Also, today means only eight more sleeps until our family vacation and
I can honestly state that I am completely cranked up for the chaos to begin!
The thought of all our children smiling, laughing,crying and throwing fits
like we all once did gets my blood pumper pounding.
Some of us still slide into the two year old tantrum stance, every so
often ...(raising hand)
I want my family to know that I will bringing duct tape for anyone to use
over my mouth, if need be.
My Husband and children are excluded from this limited time offer.  ;P
I'll be trying to sponge up every single second in the think tank and you
can be certain that when we return, I'll be telling you all about it in type.

Well I'll leave this short and sweet but I will add a song that's finely
fitting for this Friday.
Thanks for reading what's floating around the mind grounds and I hope
this day finds you full of fabulousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment