Wednesday 11 July 2012

Octopus Openness.....

That's what made it's way into my mind grounds last night as I
lay in the nest searching for slumber.
For my whole adult life I have had an Octopus Openness of emotion.
Friends and family tell me it's one of my best qualities but I call horse heaps!
Though it does feel like my blood pumper has many tentacles, they usually
get entangled in trying to touch the hearts of those I want to help.
Often when this happens it feels like a death grip on my heart.
Does that make sense to you because it does to me, though I'm not always
clear when explaining my thoughts to others.
Yes I talk in circles and usually smokescreen my say so's which may make it
difficult for people to understand me.

It will be two weeks tomorrow since my Son's left for a visit with my
Sister and her family.
So far no one has lost an eye over a war of words but it hasn't been
smooth sailing on every shore either.
I have spoke with the boys frequently and I'm relieved to hear happiness
in their voices.
It sounds like they are having a wonderful time and I am truly grateful for this
gracious gift my Sister and Brother-In-Law have given us these last few years.
They've kept them busy and have taken them to places my Hubby and I couldn't.
It makes me happy knowing that they will carry these wonderful memories with
them for the rest of their lives.
I am looking forward to covering them with hugs and kisses, my arms ache for
their embrace.

Yesterday I spent the day making gifts for some friends.
I do hope that I'll see them soon because I'm anxiously excited to soak
up their smiles.
One of the friends is someone I use to babysit and she now has a child of her own.
Actually she has been like a Daughter to me and I'm so proud of her.
It was her birthday yesterday and I couldn't be with her for it but hopefully I
will see her later today or tomorrow.
I remember the many moons ago when I babysat her and her Sister.
They were like night and day, just like my Sister and I.
One was easy going, sunny and always smiling while the other was more
emotional, easily annoyed and often liked to go off by herself, just like me.
It's the infinite connections that get us every time, it really is.
(I borrowed that line from an Alan Doyle song) 
I love them both with everything in me but as an adult I formed a closer personal
relationship with the older girl.
This lady almost didn't make it a week in this world.
You see, she was born really prematurely and only weighed a couple pounds
when she was born.
She had to much fluid around her brain and they put a shunt in.
After many surgeries and head shaves as a child she overcame her health issues
and is now a well developed, kind and generous 31 year old woman.

My mind is racing as I type, nothing new but it's really hard to sift through all
the thoughts and choose which ones to type about.
Some will never make their way into Cyberspace but it doesn't mean I have no
place to put them.
I'll store em safely in the think tank and release em when I need to.
Right now I need to state that I am well and smiling in this day, grateful for the gifts
I've been given and praising the Big Guy for them.

Later today I will be making dinner for my amazing Aunt and my marvelous Memeness.
As always I pray that she is having a decent day and will be able to recognize
us and enjoy our time with her.
I've stated this in lines around here before but I'm filled with feelings over it at the
moment so I'll say more on it.
The hatred I once held in my heart for my Meme was huge and I could never
understand her strong, stubborn say so's and severe sternness.
My Husband has said that he thinks God is punishing her now for the things
she said and did in her past.
I disagree and feel that she has survived ninety years so that all those who have
loved her can mend the madness from the past and offer her their time, care and forgiveness.
I know that for me personally, healing has taken place in the last several years
and has me filled with love for her that I never knew existed.
Also, I feel a debt is being paid for all the years she took care of my Sister and I. 
Terribly I treated her when I was growing  up and never gave her the respect
and rapport she so rightfully deserved.
I always try and offer her the best of me now.

Well the day is speeding on by without me and I have some work to do
so I'll leave these lines with a picture that perfectly describes my blog
title today, along with a song of course. :)
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may the wind blow you
into something beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment