Tuesday 29 November 2011

Where's That Ark?......

It's raining here, pouring actually and tonight it's supposed to snow.
No I am not happy about this as I am a Summer sun Senorita but
I realize that no one can control the weather, I may have to
accept it but surely I won't embrace it! lol

Today I will spend the day making perogies for friends and family
but while I am enjoying my coffee I'm thinking of the days ahead.
This weekend my Sister and our families will be going on our annual
tree trimming trip.
For the last several years we spend a few days with our Aunt and Uncle
decorating their house for Christmas.
A wonderful tradition it's become and it's something we all look forward to.
I do need something to set me sunny like today.
You see, this day didn't start out so dandily.
There is rain coming in the house from several leaks in the back of our
roof and there is nothing we can do about it right now.
Does it do me any good to whine and complain about it?, no, yet that
is what this reads like, I know.
Actually, with the time it took to type this out I'm calmer now and can focus
on the day ahead and know that things could be worse.

Recently I exchanged e-mails with a family member who is very sick
and has more hardship to deal with in life than I have ever had.
This person has been optimistic in the disease they've been dealt and
has fought long and hard.
She inspires me in more ways than one to live in the light instead of
drowning in the dark.
It always amazes me just how much of an affect we can have on each
other, both good and bad.
The older I get the more I want to surround myself with people who
provoke the positive.
My Sister is an excellent example of that kind of person. I want to share one
of my favorite stories about her with you.
A few years back when we had a huge power outage through the province
she was living near some people who didn't have much in life.
You know, down on their luck families that can't afford to rob Peter to pay Paul.
Well my Sister took it upon herself to feed the entire neighborhood with the
contents from her cupboards.
She used her BBQ to fill all the hungry bellies and I beamed when she told
me of it a few days later.
Not everyone would step in and take charge like that but she's always been
that kind of person and people flock to be around her.
A smile spreader she is and I'm always in awe of what comes so naturally to her.

So on this day I will try and keep thoughts of her and others that always take the
high road in my head as I set off to get knee deep in dough!
Enjoy the remainder of this day and as always, thanks for reading
what's on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment