Friday 18 May 2012

It's Here.....

The start of Summer has arrived and it looks like it's going to be a great
May 2-4 weekend!
I started the celebration early by sleeping in the tent last night for the first
time this season.
Hubby Bub didn't want to join me so I brought the Fifty Shades Freed book
in with me and I must say that Mr Grey was good company indeed!

Our Sons slept out there a few times this week but I waited until
last night to start the tent sleeps season.
I'm looking forward to the next few days for several reasons.
As I've already stated it's the start of Summer for me and I think we'll kick it off
with a BBQ tonight.
Tomorrow we will be going to the Rodeo and seeing a concert with a couple
of friends, that always brings about love, laughter and song.
Nothing makes music sound better than when it's played outside in the
great wide open with folks you love.
Sunday I'm both anxious and sad for.
It's our annual BBQ and fireworks which have always been at our Meme's house.
This year we will be changing the location and having it where my Uncle lives.
Though we gain lake St Clair and being able to fish and swim, we lose having it
in our beloved alley which sits behind Meme's backyard.
It's never been anywhere else and I wasn't completely content when I first heard
that it would be held elsewhere this year.
I keep telling myself that it makes no matter where it is as long as we are
all together for it.
That seems like the sweetest way of seeing it anyway.

My mind is also wrapped around thoughts of Uncle Jimmy not being there.
This is the first annual BBQ that he won't physically be at.
I miss his humor and wonderful ways every day.
It does help to swat away the sorrow whenever I am around his Wife and
children though so I know I'll be all smiles once I see em all.
There are still a couple of them that are having a hard time dealing with his death
and I pray that this weekend helps to heal their hurting.
Each one of us has parts of him that live on and grow inside us and I pray
that in the future the ones suffering the most gain strength from that.
Did I mention that our boys will be sleeping at my Mothers on Saturday night?
Freedom for Hubby Bub and I is always a welcome gift and I hope to be
sitting by the fire pit after the show.
Maybe I can even sweet him into a tent sleep under the stars.

Monday we will be joining other branches of our family for a Cousins 50th birthday.
It will be another BBQ and I'll be making baked beans for it.
I adore this Cousin as he is always welcoming and comical with everyone.
Summer is the most exciting time of year for me and I can't wait to spend time
with all my loved ones in the next few days.
Also, Cousin Beefcake and Glen are coming in from Toronto and they are
ever entertaining.

One last thing I have excitement over.
My new Alan Doyle CD just came in and I can't wait to dive ear deep into it!
Nothing hurts like a stone unturned and I've got candles left to burn so I'm going to
savor every second of this weekend and toss all stones turned, into Lake St Clair!

I'd like to end this entry asking any of you Lord loving Lads and Lasses to please
say a prayer for the stricken with sadness souls in my family.
Sorrow surrounds some of them and I feel helpless in only being able to pray and
offer my support to them.
If others join me they will at least know they're loved and cherished.
I hope for happier times ahead and pray that they will be in a more pleasant
period of their lives soon.
I've included a few pictures for your viewing pleasure along with
a song for to kick off my concert high!  hehehe
If you're curious, it's my Hubby Bub, Cousin with the 50th birthday coming up
and our beloved Uncle Jimmy in the one pic.
My Cousin and Dear friend is in the photo with me.

As always, thanks for reading what's on my mind and may the
remainder of this day be terrific to us all!
P.S I'm fifty shades of fabulous on this fine Friday!  :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment