Tuesday 22 May 2012

Mayarvelous May 2-4......

Mayarvelous May 2-4 weekend was just had by the branches in my bunch
along with myself.
Leave me be, I can make up words to express my emotions!
We kicked off the May 2-4 weekend with two good friends and a concert.
The weather was wonderfully warm and the music was magically moving,
well for me it was, I danced to just about every song.
The concert was interrupted after only a few songs by the power going out for
about 20 minutes or so.
Lots of people left but we stayed on, I feared our friends would want to leave
as one of them had a headache but I was pleased they were patient and let me
stay to enjoy the show.
The highlight of the concert was when Dean Brody and his band The Brodeo
performed the song It's Friday, he wrote it with one of my favorite bands,
Great Big Sea and I loved it largely done live!
A superb start for Summer and I do hope to see our friends again real soon.

Sunday turned out to be another terrific time.
Thirty of us gathered at our Uncle's for our annual BBQ and fireworks display.
The sun was big, bright and beautiful as it beamed down on us all day.
There were plenty of belly shakes shared and the first was given to us by
little toddler Chaz-Ma-Taz, not quite two yet, full of energy and always
on the go.
While his Father was watching him he managed to grab his Grandfather's
cell phone.
His Dad didn't seem to mind and was rewarded with Chaz tossing it into
the kiddie pool.
We all laughed over it and shook our heads at his Father's foolishness.
My Husband decided that he would cook what ended up being way to much meat.
He wanted to give all the other men a chance to sit and enjoy time with their
families so he took to the tongs and refused help from anyone.
One of our Cousins and myself did help him a bit but it did my blood pumper
proud knowing that he wanted to give the guys a break.
He still surprises me after all these years....Thank You Hubby Bub!
Chaz wasn't the only one to get laughs.
While I had my camera in one hand and fishing rod in the other I figured
I should put my camera away as it was to hard to cast while the camera
hung from my wrist.
As I was bending over to put the camera in my purse I hooked myself in the head
with the lure on my line.
My oldest Son tried to unhook me with no success so I called for his Father's help.
When he didn't come over right away I hollered for him to end his tea party with
a couple other men and haul himself over in helping me, he did and I was hook free
and happy......I am such a Tard.
It was warm enough for many of us to take a dip in the lake so we made our way
next door to Stop 26 Beach.
The water was around 60 degrees, perfect for the mermaid in me and I enjoyed
having my two Son's swimming with me as I know these moments fly by like the
years that pass.
Once the food was ready we all chowed down on ribs, pork chops, hot dogs,
chicken, sausage and steak.
It was the most meat we have ever had and I'm grateful to all those who
contributed to our fine feast.
Two of my Cousins took to lighting the fireworks once night fell upon us and
it wouldn't be the only thing that did.
As my Cousin was lighting one of the fireworks it fell on it's side and shot off
into the crowd.
Luckily no one was hurt but my youngest Son, the fireball, was skimmed
by one on his arm.
It surely sent my heart racing and had me scared for the remainder of the light show.
They really were spectacular to see though.
I think my favorite memory will be that we all came together and despite
discrepancies between a few in the family, we got along and enjoyed each
others company.
Thank you to those of you that kept the peace, it didn't go unnoticed and
I love you for it!

Monday was another fun day though we would have to endure a Summer
storm and a stubborn child first.
My Cousin turns 50 today and we celebrated his big day yesterday at
his Sisters house.
This Sister recently lost her Son and I'm always amazed at how giving
she is but to open her home at this time made my heart swell over the sadness
she is suffering through.
Our little fireball decided that he had seen enough of the rain and was tired
of being holed up in the garage with the rest of us so he made his way into the house.
Once I realized his whereabouts I went and collected him.
The birthday boy helped me get him back outside and I explained that no one
was in the house except for those preparing food. 
He didn't care and threw a fit which had me frustrated after having spent a good part
of the day arguing with him.
Our hostess said he could stay in the house but I knew all to well that if I let that
happen then soon all the other kids would want to be in there as well.
As our hostess passed by me outside she gently touched my shoulder and said
"I know you're having a bad day but I'm having really bad days and trust me, it could be worse"
That precisely put things into perspective for me and stopped me from losing my lid.
I couldn't imagine the pain involved when you lose a child.
Shortly after that the rain stopped and he was able to go swimming which finally
settled him down.
We had BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs along with many salads and side dishes.
Everything was delicious and I was so happy that we could join everyone in the celebration.
There have been many times in my life that I didn't want to be part of my family and
jealousy, resentment and sheer stupidity stopped me from seeing how blessed I really am.
I couldn't love any of them more than I do right now in this day.
Thank you to all of you that make me laugh, love and want to live on making
Mayarvelous memories in the days ahead.

I will add a few photos from this past weekend and please forgive me but I must
include the song I spoke of earlier, yup another Dean Brody tune.  :)
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day be Mayarvelous for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment