Wednesday 20 June 2012

About Last Night.....

That's what this entry will revolve around.
It's also the title of the first movie Hubby and I saw together, way back in 1986.
Last night we decided to use a gift card that was given to us at Christmas from
a couple of Cousins.
Their money was well spent because we enjoyed the show.
We all agreed that Madagascar 3 would be the one to see.
There was quite a crowd but considering it was reduced ticket Tuesday it
wasn't that bad.
Some of my Cousins came along and the ten of us entered the theater
to take our seats.
A perfect ending to Aidn's tenth birthday and I'm delighted they decided to join us.
It was three year old Abigale's first time at the movies and it made me feel
marvelous knowing we were all there with her.
I'm not usually a big fan of animated films but this one was pretty enjoyable.
There were many comical crack ups and my favorite character was King Julien.
During the show I tried to wrap my mind around the voices on the screen and
figure out who played which part.
Right off I knew Chris Rock and David Schwimmer's voices but Ben Stiller and
Jada Pinkett Smith had me stumped.
Though it wasn't a sad movie at all, I actually had eye leaks twice during it.
A more sap filled soul you will never see.

Earlier in the day I enjoyed some pool time with my ten year old while
he was home for lunch.
After school Liam and Billy came in to cool off, it was a warm one yesterday.
I'm not complaining about it but many others are.
My Mother and Step-Father stopped by with birthday cake and a beach ball
for the birthday boy.
We sat outside chatting while the kids played in the pool.
I was happy to hear of the long conversation she had the night before with her
Sister, they spoke for two hours on the phone!
It had been years since the last time they talked and Mom is now very excited
to see her Sis, Niece and Great Niece when they come home for a visit in July.
We are all going to a BBQ at our comical Cousins house.
I don't often get to see many on my Mom's side of the family and these folks
flying in from out West haven't been seen since I was a teen, well not be me anyway.

When I think about family members that don't speak and often can't even recall why,
it pounds a pang in my blood pumper.
I have a few friends that are in that situation and it's not for lack of trying on their part.
How do things get so sour between siblings that they choose to no longer speak?
I think it would be especially stinging if you wanted to reconnect and the other
person didn't.
Are there some walls that can never be knocked down no matter what effort
or forgiveness is offered?
Personally I pray that my heart is always bigger than my mouth even though I
super size my say so's sometimes.
Maybe that's why I talk in type so much about the branches in my tree, I truly feel
blessed to have all of them in my life.
That doesn't mean I don't get miffed at some on occasion, I do and I know
many of my family members would like to pop me in the kisser on a regular basis.
When I was younger, I never understood why it would bother my Father, Aunts
and Uncles so much when folks were feuding.
I thought, if someone is so bothered by something about someone else or their
actions, isn't it right for them to speak up?
Experience I have in the way of bottling things up and I know first hand the
harm it can do but sometimes we should stay silent instead of spilling our say so's.
Why?.....well, for the sake of peace keeping and precious time trickling away.
I know that now but had no idea back then.

Well this entry is wordly enough for me, wouldn't you agree?
I'm adding a few pics from the festivities of yesterday.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and I hope today is a sweet start to
Summer for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment