Monday 11 June 2012

Gravy In The Boat Of Life.......

Last night as Hubby and I spoke in the nest we exchanged our favorite
moments from this past weekend.
Gravy in the boat of life describes perfectly how I felt after spending Sunday
with our family.
It started off at the nursing home celebrating our Meme's 90th birthday.
She doesn't mark the actual big day until this Thursday but the weekends are the
most convenient time for all of us to gather.
Like most other times, everyone contributed to the feast we shared and everything
was delicious!
Meme had a good day and was happy to have us all around her.
Thankfully we were in the room that has an outdoor patio attached to it.
The kids were able to roam in and out freely and the weather was indeed wonderful!
Hot and full of sunshine, just the way I like it!
My Superwoman like Sister made two angel food cakes that were not only pleasing
to our palettes but they were dandily decorated.
She used strawberries in one and raspberries in the other while both boasted
rose blossoms.
The chocolate iced one was my favorite and brought back childhood memories
of Meme's angel food cakes with every bite.
There were only two of us missing from yesterdays gatherings but I kept them
close in mind as the day went on.
Soon will be the family vacation and for that they will be joining us.

As I mentioned above, it was a very hot day and my Sister suggested we all go
over to one of our Cousins for a swim and supper.
Thankfully it was agreeable for everyone so off we went to get our mermaid on!
The water was not only refreshing but also down right relaxing.
It's a new pool though not huge like an in ground one , we sure put it to the test.
At one point I thought the sides would buckle from all the bodies bouncing about in it.
I wanna share with you one of my favorite moments from yesterday.
While my Brother-In-Law and I were conversing with a couple of Cousins my
Hubby Bub and the kids were in the pool with my Sister and Cousin Shonna.
A big volleyball game ensued.
Like most pool games that involve a ball, bystanders are often asked for
assistance in fetching the said circle.
More than once did I collect the ball for them only to see it clear the side of
the pool yet again once I planted my large load in my seat.
All of us who fetched that ball swore it would be the last time we would get it
for them but continued to go gather the damn thing once it slipped away from
the slap happy swatting swimmers.
My Husband started chanting "we have a friend, we have a friend!" whenever
one of us would get the ball for them.
Before long all the people in the pool were joining him in his encouraging chants.
It pleased my blood pumper perfectly when I saw Cousin Shonna joining in and
laughing along with everyone.
You see, she has been stuck in sadness since her Father passed away in
October and it truly was terrific to see her laugh and enjoy the moment.

It was a wonderful weekend and in my heart I know all of our dearly departed
loved ones were there with us and as Hubby and I chatted in the nest I offered
up thanks to not only the Big Guy but to all of those we've loved and lost.
I know they must have had something to do with the holy happiness we shared yesterday.
It really was a gravy in the boat of life kind of day!

Big thanks to my Uncle who keeps going on about Liam's birthday dinner.
He is never one to praise in a positive way but he kept beaming over the
Chicken Soo Gai my Husband made and it hasn't gone unnoticed.
We appreciate every word Uncle Eddie!  :)
As I sought after slumber last night I counted every single blessing of
yesterday like I hope to be doing at the end of this day, as well.

I'll leave these lines with a few pictures from the festivities.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day do right by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment