Friday 29 June 2012

Sweltering Summer Sun.....

That's what the big bright ball in the sky has been like for the last couple days.
Does it look like I'm complaining?, I'm not, I love the heat!
Presently it's a balmy 87 degrees in our house.
I can't believe how quickly June made it's way to the final days.
Slow down Summer!, I want to enjoy every ounce of you.

Yesterday marked the last day of school for our youngest Son.
It didn't stop him and his Brother from arguing about the days ahead.
They left yesterday for what may be a long or very short visit to my
Sister and Brother-In-Law's.
How long they stay will be decided on by their behaviour.
Like a thorn in Liam's side, Aidn kept taunting him saying
"Auntie told me that if I behave I can stay the Summer too"
Oh how that irked our oldest and he responded saying
"Uhhhm No!, I have a say in it and if you're staying then I'm not"
When my Step-Father showed up to take them to the train, they
were still arguing as they left the house.
We said our goodbyes and I told Papa, "feel free to put your foot
up their backside if need be"
I didn't think that any two siblings could  scuffle more than my Sis and
I did but these boys have it over us, in spades!
Sayonara my Senors, have fun and try not to kill each other!

So what will I do with all the free time until one or both of them return?
I have not the first clue how I will spend the serenity but you can be
certain that I will enjoy every second of it's sweetness.
I do have plans for this weekend.
Tonight my friend is picking me up for ladies night at her place in Wheatley.
This will be two weekends in a row I spend at her house and I'm looking
forward to it.
I had a real hard time earlier this week and I'm just starting to let the
sweetness seep back into my self.
That familiar feeling of sadness laid it's hand on me and had a stranglehold
on my head and heart.
I know that spending time with my friends tonight will be therapeutic and
I'm thankful to have so many kind, caring souls in my life.
I can almost feel the waters wetness on me now, washing away all my
woes and worry.
It may seem silly to some but "getting my mermaid on" really does have
that effect over me.
I don't always feel comfortable in the shell of myself but I sure do when I'm
enjoying anything aquatic.
That I will be in the water with good friends will be the most comforting I gather.
Yup, gravy in the boat of life, indeed!

Well I've planted my large load long enough and must get the things I need to
do, done.
I'll leave these lines with a picture and a song both Summer related. 
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may you manage well in this
heat wave, I sure am.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment