Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Joys Of June......

At the start of this day that's what's moving around my mind grounds.
So many joyous jubilation's do we have in June.
Topping the list are my two Sons birthdays.
Our youngest Son turns ten today!
I could go on about how the time has flown in the past ten years but
we are all wise to the speed years gain as they fly by.

Aidn William Vincent made his way into the world on Wednesday June 19th 2002
with a weight of 7 lbs 3ounces.
It was a bright, beautiful day just like when his Brother was born, six years earlier.
I had an easier pregnancy for Aidn and he left my womb wailing and whining.
Much like the way he spends most days now.
From the time he took his first breath he's been a fiery little Fella.
Always on the go with an endless amount of energy, our little fireball is full of life!
We were blessed with two healthy and for the most part, happy babies.
Aidn was a damn side easier when it came to eating and wasn't the puking peanut
that his older Brother was.
He slept well enough and was a smiley little guy until he discovered he could get
his way with most everyone by way of arguing his case.
Something that still serves him sweetly with some in his life.
Though he's been a handful since the age of one, I wouldn't change a
wee bit of his wild ways.
He keeps us on our toes with his daily doses of determination!

I'd like to share one of my favorite stories about Aidn.
Back in 2005 we were on a camping trip at Falls Reserve with
my Uncle and Cousins.
Aidn wasn't quite three yet but that didn't stop him from discovering
the grounds freely.
Billy, Liam and the others were at the campsite while Aidn and I made
a trip to the toilet.
I had him in the stall with me but he complained and cried to be free
from the small space so I let him leave to stand in front of the stall.
That worked for about two and a half seconds.
I remember scolding him saying "you have to wait for Mommy, don't
you leave the bathroom!"
That was the last thing heard before the slamming of the door to outside.
I knew instantly that my tricky tot had made his escape.
Out I ran looking at the open space all around me with no sign of Aidn in sight.
The only thing I remember thinking was "Oh dear Lord please don't let
him get near the water rapids"
Running as fast as my legs would take me back to camp, I yelled for everyone
to hurry and help me find him.
With tears running down my face we frantically found him at the waters edge
safely with a concerned stranger.
Never in my life was I more terrified than I was when we searched for his whereabouts.
Ever grateful we were that he was safe and sound but boy was he firecracker quick!
I know it was my fault he escaped and more stupid I couldn't feel knowing
that but it surely showed me to shorten his leash in life.
Since that day, I always know where Aidn is at every moment.

Last night Hubby Bub and the boys set up his big day present.
A 12x30 pool was purchased and I will be enjoying the first dip
with my determined little birthday boy when he comes home for lunch. :)
He was so excited when he left for school this morning.
I can't wait to get my mermaid on with him!
On the weekend we will be having a pizza party at a friends house and
Aidn is bringing along a friend for the festivities.

Before I head out and dive into this day I want to lay a few lines
about this past weekend and the fabulousness it was filled with.
On Friday we spent the night at my Aunt and Uncles.
It seemed like every five minutes Aidn was asking about going swimming
later in the lake at Aunt Pam's place.
I delivered on his desire and took him for a swim when we got there.
We didn't get our gills wet for long because they were having movie night on
the beach and we wanted to be dry and comfy for it.
Journey 2: Mysterious Island is what was shown and a decent enough movie
it was to watch but the best moments for me were being with my loved ones
by the lake.
Did I mention there was also a fire pit flickering for everyone's enjoyment?
Later that evening after the kids were sleeping soundly, Billy and I took
the paddle boat out for a late night swim
Any of you who know me well can testify to the fact that I'm aquatically
nocturnal by nature and never enjoy being in the water more than I do
when evening is upon us.
2am is a terrific time to get your mermaid/merman on, I'm just saying. :)

On Sunday we got together with the other branches in our bunch for Father's Day.
Two weekends in a row my Cousin and his cool as cubes companion opened up
their home for all of us yahoo's.
I'm ever thankful that they took the time, money and energy to do that.
It was fantastic spending the day with family once again and though we've been
doing a lot of it lately, I haven't tired of the terrificnesss in each of them.
One of my most marvelous memories of the day was when Aidn had baby
Chaz-Ma-Taz in his arms, taking him for a swim around the pool.
Though it made me nervous to see, he did a swell job and was proudly pleased to
be taking care of the toddling Tot.
Like always, everyone brought something to the feast and my waistline thanks
go out to all who contributed to the marvelous meal.
Another wonderful weekend was had by my families fineness, thank you all!

Well I must go prepare the birthday boy's lunch but I'll leave these lines with one of
his favorite songs and a few pictures from this past weekend.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may the remainder of your day be divine!



No comments:

Post a Comment