Monday 25 June 2012

Here Or There.....

I had to make that decision this past weekend and I'm still steamed
that I couldn't be in two places at the same time.
Some friends of ours were having their annual reunion roast and I missed the
one they had last year because of my surgery.
I feel awful that I didn't make it to this one either.
The worst part is missing out on all the smiles gracing so many faces I love.
It's always great to see so many you care for all in one place!
I vow that next year I will be there or be dead!
Now that's how you make a promise folks!  hahaha :)

Aidn's birthday fell during the week and because our schedule
was booked the weekend before we let him celebrate it with a friend the
weekend after.
Hubby was due to work but that fell through and he was able to take all of us
out to our friends house in Wheatley.
Liam had a party for his 16th this year and much money was spent on his
big day so we had to do something special for Aidn.
I decided that taking him out in the county to sleep over with his friend was
a swell solution.
Our Host and Hostess are always accommodating and welcomed us all
with open arms.
I'm glad that we went because we hadn't seen them in over a year.
I so hibernate when Winter comes calling and I'm glad that Summer surrounds
us now so I can be social once again.

We didn't get out to our friends house until after 7pm on Friday night.
It seemed like the two youngest kids would burst with excitement once
their feet hit the pavement.
Aidn even walked right in the house without knocking and could care less that
I called after him.
I apologized for  his assuming attitude while I kissed and hugged our friends.
As always they put me at ease and led me outside to their slice of heaven.
Within five minutes of our arrival we were sitting pool side with Liam
while the other two kids took to the water.
Hubby and I decided that we would supply the pizza and I'm sure glad it was our
Hostess that placed the call because she handled the conversation much better
than I would have.
When did ordering a pie become such a pain?
The girl who took the order made a claim to one thing yet when the pizza place
manager called back he stated something completely different.
Though it was tasty enough, our oldest Son has been bummed in the backside
since eating it.
Never will they get our cash again.

We had a great night and I loved sitting up late under the stars sharing
say so's with my friend.
Kind, generous and easy going is she and I love spending time with her
and her family.
After the mosquitoes made their way to munching on any man, woman
or child, we sent the kids in the house to play.
Luckily our friends nineteen year old Son played pool and video games
with the two younger ones while Liam watched a movie and we sat outside
enjoying the nice night.
Hubby even joined my friend and I for a late night dip but it wouldn't be long before
the itch injecting insects who rule the night would also send us scurrying
to the shelter found indoors.
Sometime around 1am we went to bed and I figured sleep wouldn't need to
be searched for since I was so tired.
I was El Wrongo in the worst way.
Always forgetting to pack something, I was true to form on this trip as well.
Our fan was left behind and I didn't want to ask if our Hosts had one
that we could use.
I sleep year round with a fan but have slept without one before.
Had the weather been cooler, I'm sure we would have slept soundly.
Neither Hubby or I found wink of sleep but I never mind losing shut eye over
Summer's swelter.
A minor stumble in the stroll of the season.  :)
Saturday morning found me at the stove making egg in a cup for most of us.
We had to put something in our bellies before we set off to splashing.
All of the kids were well behaved which is always a welcomed gift.
Speaking of gifts, I forgot to make mention of one.
Friday night when I placed our suitcase in the spare room there was a pelican
on the pillow that I just knew was for me.
I called to my friend as my face was beaming and my heart swelling,
Not only does she open her home to us but she offers presents as well.
Thank you, I love it!

I also want to extend thanks to my Godchild for taking over Liam's
responsibilities on Friday night, without her help he would not have
been able to go with us.
Hopefully she will be joining me on my visit to my friends.

Well I must get to my duties around here, how do they pile up when you're
away for a couple days?
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day be a marvelous
Monday for us all.
Of course I'll include a few pictures of the fine time we had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment