Wednesday 14 December 2011

Creche You.....

I bet you're thinking what an odd title that is for this entry, eh?
Well, I'm starting a movement.
From now on when I see anyone sneeze during the holiday season
that's what I'm gonna say, not bless you but Creche You!
Complete silliness, I know.

You might be wondering why my mood seems so sweetly today.
There are a few reasons for it, the first being that we finally put up
our tree last night!
The boys were so excited and I'm glad we did it even if it is the latest
we've ever set it up.

I was dragging my heels this year in a big way, just wanted to by pass Christmas.
Every time Jesus's big day came to mind, heart hurts and eye leaks started.
My Father and Uncle Jimmy were two of my favorite parts of celebrating
and with them both gone now it seems that sadness is all that remains.
I know that there are many other people I love spending time with during
the holidays but I'm so gonna miss how my Uncle always complained about
everyone else getting more gifts than him and how he hated ham!
Makes me laugh thinking of his humor, good times indeed.
I guess I'll just have to cherish the loved ones I have left even more now.

Another reason I'm on the smiley side of life today is because
it's my Cousin's 30th birthday.
I remember him at two wrestling with his favorite stuffed bear, man that
thing took a beating.
It makes me so happy to see the younger ones in my family gaining years right
behind me and that he's now married with a child does my blood pumper proudly.
When we were kids it was the same arguments for for all of us.
Wanting to grow up, stay up late, make our own rules etc....
Now that most of us have families of our own we all understand each
others lives and how it all changes with children, that comforts me.

There is also one more thing that has me happy in this day.
After Christmas I am planning on going for lunch with three ladies I love.
I know it will be a terrific time and I can't wait for the belly shakes to begin.
Rarely do I get to see any of them and it has me excited and anxious.

At the moment I am filled with the spirit of sweet Jesus and I'll do
my best to hang onto it.
If I should let go of it may someone please place it back in my heart.
I'll leave these lines today with a couple of pictures and a song.
Note the drywall patch above the tree...hahaha.
Jenny the snow globe shot was taken just for you!
The song is just one of my favorites.
As always, thanks for reading what's on my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment