Saturday 24 December 2011

I'll Be Seeing You.....

Earlier this week I was watching one of my favorite movies
and the song I'll Be Seeing You is played throughout it.
If you are younger than thirty then you may have never heard this
song before but trust me folks, it's a good one!
For days I have had it in mind and awoke everyday signing
it's sweetness.
It always brings my Father to mind and as we wind down this
year I'm thinking of all the people I hope to spend time with
in 2012.

Today I will be spending some with my Mother and Step-Father, my
Sister and her children along with my Hubby Bub and our own kids of course.
I feel blessed and bursting with excitement over seeing the little ones
faces light up later this evening.
Also I am hoping to attend midnight mass with some of my family members
which always fills me with my Fathers spirit.
We always went to midnight mass with Daddy and it's something I look
forward to every year.
We have a light dusting of snow over everything and this is the only
time of the year I can be found praying for flakes to fall from the sky.

It's true, I've been blessed biggley  in this past year, had surgery in
June and that went well.
I recently celebrated another birthday and I'm a lucky lady indeed to
have healthy loved ones in our house.
Though the years are flying by and gaining speed with each passing one
I feel the need now more than ever to try and slow it all down to a snails
pace so for to soak in all the sweetness of each moment we share.
Though I know this isn't possible I will continue to try.
I pray that my memories are always intact and that I can share stories of
loved ones in the past with future generations.

Well I really must be going because a big day is ahead here and
I want to be ready for it.
Let me take this moment to wish you all a very merry Christmas
and a happy, healthy New Year, may you never be tripped up by
troubles for long and may the love you give be returned to you in
the kindness and consideration of others.
As always, thank you for reading what's on my mind.
"I'm looking at the moon but I'll be seeing you"

No comments:

Post a Comment