Thursday 29 December 2011

A Brand New Start.....

That seemed like a good title for this time of year even though
I don't partake in the whole New Years resolution thing.
With the start of  2012 coming to call at the end of this week
I find myself thinking about everything that happened in 2011.
So many marvelous things came to be this year, the birth of
a first child for my 38 year old Cousin and another on the way for
a different Cousin.
My dear friend who I babysat for years gave birth to
her first child and I feel blessed to have lived long enough
to see her and her Sister have children of their own.
A visit with Hubby's family and a Father's first time
hunting with his Son's.
Male bonding in bathroom repairs and some fantastic fishing that
fine meals came from.
BBQ's and big belly shakes were had and I smile thinking of them now.
These and many other things that took place is what I will try
and keep my mind wrapped around when thinking back on the last 365 days.
Sadness and suffering was also had but I'm not going to make to
many mentions of that because it will just dampen my decent mood.
If it could make a difference I would surely share with you some of the things
that hurt the most this past year but the loved ones we lost and the heart hurts
we've shared won't be healed by my typing skills here so silent I shall stay!

I will tell you about some of my favorite things that happened.
Our annual May 2-4 BBQ was one, My Aunt's, Uncles, Cousins
and even a close friend was there in all her pregnant plumpness!
My surgery turning out swell and my Mother-In- Law dropping everything
to offer help still has me feeling gratitude towards her.
Seeing my Husband and Son's gain another year of age is one of the best things
I can reflect on in any year.
Countless wishes laid and granted under first stars I saw of the night and
to many magical moon moments to mention.
I may not be able to list every time I smiled this year but many are in mind
at the moment.
Most recently, a visit with a few ladies I love and a brief chit chat with one
that couldn't join us.
Did I mention that today is the birthday of one of my best friends?
This is the 19th one I've been able to be part of and it fills me with the finest
memories we've made together.
Here's to many more girlfriend, I love ya largely lady!! (raises coffee mug)

So as 2011 comes to an end I'm looking forward to enjoying
many new firsts in the coming new year.
Maybe I will even attempt getting my drivers license...hardy har har!, that probably
won't happen but it's always there to think about.
I'll leave these lines with the song that inspired this entry, a friend brought
it to mind this morning and more than one listen I've had of it while typing.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may this day be a good one
for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment