Wednesday 21 December 2011

When You Wish Upon A Star.....

I know you have all heard that song before but I'm making mention of
it here because of something silly I did earlier this week.
On Saturday my Hubby Bub and youngest Son came along for a visit
to my Aunt and Uncles house.
We did a little Christmas shopping while we were there and as always I
enjoyed cleaning her house.
On Sunday we ventured to a near by super mall and I received an early
Christmas gift from my Husband.
I have been a life long nail gnawer and have been wanting pretty
lady hands for years so I went and got myself some and boy are they beautiful.
Feels so different typing my thoughts down with these things on but man
is it marvelous!
Now it wouldn't be fair for me to get and not have Hubby be on the receiving
end so I bought him some boots that he has been wanting,

Recently a friend commented about someone they know being a dough head
and all I could think of was how big of one I can often be.
On our way home from our visit with my Aunt and Uncle we were enjoying
a nice ride in mild traffic.
It was dark and quite clear outside as my eyes scanned the sky for stars.
There was no moon out but I could see a star off to the far right of the sky.
Well I thought it was a star so I did as I always do and made a wish.
A few minutes later I realized that it was moving slowly and wasn't a star
at all but rather a plane....that my friends is a dough head!
I didn't mention it then to My Husband or Son as I felt far to embarrassed
that I could make such a starry screw up but I'm comfortable enough now
in my stupidity to type about it here.

Tomorrow night my Sister and her children will be coming in to town and though
I am bummed that her Hubby won't be able to join them because of his
work schedule it will be wonderful to see her and the kids again.
We will gather at our Mother's house Christmas Eve to enjoy what I know will be
a marvelous meal then it'll be present time and the chaos I so love.
Jesus's big day will be spent at three places this year, starting here at home
with our Son's opening their gifts before my Hubby goes to work.
Then it's off to the nursing home to see Meme for a few hours.
This I look forward to quite a bit because everyone makes an effort to be there and
I want to cherish every minute we have with each other and our ole Meme
because I fear we will no longer flock together once she flies the coop.
Our big meal will be had at my Cousins house and that's always a good
time, the food is fabulous and when my family gets together, big belly shakes
are shared by all.

Well I must get to the day at hand now so I'll leave you with a picture
of my new hands and one of my favorite Christmas Carols.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may the remainder of this
day be good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment