Thursday 8 December 2011

The Nest.....

The nest is what my Father and Uncles always called a bed.
It's where I'm typing from now and I have no plans to leave it anytime soon.
My Hubby Bub is hunting and I am enjoying having "the nest" to myself for a
few more days.
The trip to our Aunt and Uncles went well with the exception of a few fall outs.
Most of the commotion came from my youngest Son and we all took turns trying
to tame his temper.
I love many things about both my Sons and am always amazed at just how different
they are, I feel the same way when I think of my Sis and I....night and day we've always been.
She has always had the more calm collected coolness while I was combative
and never able to hold my tongue to well, something I still struggle with.
I won't bore you with all the little details of our trip but I will type about a few fun things.
Friday night we went out for dinner at the Olive Garden and it was
awesome as it always is.
Saturday we enjoyed decorating the tree and making tacos, tacos
and tree trimming, what could be more festive?
Sunday was a scramble, we lounged around then my Aunt and I came back to
Canada, she went to see her Mom (Meme) while I had to empty pails in the attic
from the days of rain we had.
We returned to bodies laying about watching a movie and all seemed
well until bedtime.
This is where my Sis and Brother-In-Law shine!
You see, when I go through the night time routine with my Lads
no nonsense is tolerated and if they start acting up I get down right angry and ugly.
With them however, all the kids are given a chance to speak and complain about
why the others are keeping them up, it took some effort but in the end they got
the children to chime down and settle into slumber.
I admire them both for so many things but I'm in awe to watch them work their
magic with the wee ones.

Monday we all came home and joined other family members for the Christmas party
at the nursing home where Meme lives now.
It was excellent like most every other year and I was happy to be spending time
with those I love.
Once I was home and had the kids tucked in for the night, down to the nest
I came and thanked the Big Guy for blessing me with marvelous memories made this past weekend.
Here are a couple pictures from our trip.
Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment