Sunday 12 February 2012

All At Once.....

It's peaceful here at the moment, like heaven on a Sunday.
My beloved pack-of-penises are out enjoying the snow with
a few other family members. Why am I not there?, you may be asking.
Well one reason is that I have much work to do around here.
Later today my Cousin and his family are coming for dinner.
They are even supplying the ham, always nice to have
people over for dinner but when they bring the main course
it's not only thoughtful, it makes for a more enjoyable meal when
company contributes to it.

I didn't sleep well last night for reasons that aren't appropriate to
type about here. Once I agreed to give up on any further search for
slumber,  I left the nest to start the day.
It wasn't a pleasant awakening as the boys were bickering and Hubby Bub
was turtle like in keeping to his word of feeding them breakfast.
You see today was my only day to "sleep in" and I was assured last night that I
would be doing just that. It didn't happen and I was grumpy because of it.
Did I stay in the sour start of the day?, I am happy to state that I did not and
I'm now in a well way looking forward to the hours ahead.
Why was it so easy today and so hard other days?, I like to believe it's because
of things I have been trying so hard to pay attention to.
Signs are more of what I like to think they are.
Some folks may think it sounds silly but it's been working well for me so I'm
going to stick with it.

Last night right before I went to sleep I saw a ticker run across the bottom of our
T.V screen stating that a very well known songstress was dead at the age of 48.
I was a fan of her music in my teen years and I was indeed sad to read
that she had passed.
My mind was taken back to a time when I thought she had the world at her feet.
It seemed she had everything and was loved by so many.
What do any of us know about the joys and jabs in any persons journey?
Nothing, we can only imagine what it's like to ride on their road.
Though I do my fair share of spitting sours and whining for wants, I can honestly say
that I am happy and grateful to be where I'm at in this day.
I've been given the gift of another day with those I love and that is really what I
enjoy more than anything.

Well I must be moving because my work here ain't gonna do itself.
I'll leave these lines with one of my favorites from the singer I spoke of.
Yup it takes me back to 14 all over again, glad I don't have to do that again
(wiping sweat from my brow).
I hope this day holds happiness and well health for you, thanks for reading
what's on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment