Wednesday 1 February 2012

Wanderlust.....

Well it's Wednesday and I'm happy to be typing an entry here today.
I've wanted to for the last few days but didn't for a couple of reasons.
My mood was to terrible to allow it earlier in the week and I've been busy
around here making perogies.
Since you last read here things have went well enough but I've also had
some heated moments over silly stuff.
Sometimes I get so steamed by the smallest things, I get all worked up
and overreact when what's needed most is collective calmness.

I do want to make mention of something marvelous that happened.
Recently I went to lunch with my Sister and our Cousins and during that
get together we spoke of our Fathers and how they always remained
close friends. They played on a baseball team together, fished,
went to movies and dinner, took vacations with us kids
(a rainy Summer day always brings The Pinery to mind)
and they even lived together for a Summer from what I understand.
Well back when I was a teen my Father gave me his baseball jacket
from when he played ball with him and while we were at lunch my Sister
suggested that I give our Uncle my Dad's jacket.
I was quite surprised and in no way wanted to part with it so I politely
declined and said that I wanted to keep it.
Well damned be me if I didn't keep thinking about it and how for the past
twenty five years or so it's done nothing but collect dust, I'll never be able
to wear it again due to my lardly loaded self so why keep something you
can't enjoy?
I decided that since our Uncle has so many memories of Daddy and their
baseball years then he should be the one to have the jacket.
Did I mention that my Uncle lost his baseball jacket in a fire years ago?
Knowing that made my decision even easier.

I also want to type about something else and yes it pertains to
yet another Cousin of mine.
You're probably thinking that I have no one in my life outside of family
from the way I talk but that's not true, I've just had more encounters with them
lately and I enjoy sharing my happiness when it comes from others.
Anyway, as I was typing....my Cousin has had a real hard time lately and
seems stuck in the sadness surrounding her Dad's death.
I've been very concerned over her and how she can get back to a better
place in her life, of course I can't put her there but I've wanted to at least
let her know that she is loved and cared for.
Last night she and her family came over for a perogy dinner and it was the
first time since October that I've seen her smile and heard her laughter, what
a pleasure it was and I found comfort in both.
We spoke briefly about the Summer and how some of us Cousins are trying
to rent a couple of cottages so we can take a much needed family vacation.
We haven't had one since the Summer of 98.
If all goes well there could be 20 or so of us going away together this year!
Now that would truly be terrific! :)

This day has started out dandily and I was able to have a nice chat with
my Sister-In-Law, she lives far from us and it's always good to hear from her.
Our crews of kids are growing up so fast and it's sad that we don't
live closer to each other.
I always feel so bad knowing that we see my family daily and yet Hubby Bub's
bunch doesn't get the same time with us but distance doesn't make it possible
for either party.

I'll leave these lines with a song, a nice little number from one of my favorites.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may the remainder of this day
be dandy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment