Monday 27 February 2012

Oh What A Night!.....

That's what will forever come to mind when reminiscing about this
past Saturday evening.
It seemed like it would never get here, I was ever so excited to be going out
with friends and family.
So glad things went smoothly and we got there without being to late.
A very special thank you to my superb Sister for making the time in her busy
schedule to take the trip down and be with us, I love you for all the selfless things
you do, just like this one.

We all gathered at our eldest Cousins house, you know who you are hehehe.
Everyone brought an appetizer and we enjoyed some good eats.
I could have stayed and chatted with all the ladies for hours but there was
dancing to be done and we made our way to the night club.
I don't think there was a single minute in our drive that we weren't laughing
and from what I was told the same sounds were had in the other van full of
ladies, wonderful indeed.
A favorite moment of the night happened when we were crossing
the border at the Ambassador Bridge, one of my comical Cousins was feeling
overly friendly and made it known to the customs officer.
Never have I seen anyone so playful and pleasant going over the border.
She had all of us in the van cracking up and before we even made it to the
club my stomach was sore from all the shakes of laughter.
At the duty free shop a few in our gaggle of girls ventured in and sampled
some new lip pumping product, believe the name of it was "Mother Pucker"
I am laughing out loudly now as I type while the memory of those fine moments fly
through my mind grounds.
Did I mention that we got mixed up in our directions more than once?
Damn you GPS Yoda..... :)


Never had I been to this place before and I was pleased that we found a table
and enough room on the dance floor for all of us.
I think I've stated in an earlier entry that I'm not real good on my feet and I was
true to form on Saturday night.
All the ladies that went were not only decent dancers but confidence came from
their every shake and shimmy, me?, not so much.
I did do my best though when the song Moves Like Jagger came on, that one
owns my backside!
Words can't describe just how much fun I had and it had nothing to do
with music, for once.
I could have spent days seeing and hearing all the lovely ladies laughter,
I don't know about any of you reading here but for me, watching people who
are pleased is precious.

The night club was closing around two in the morning and after the last song
we all headed on home.
I think some of us could have danced all night and I was envious of their energy.
Hopefully in the near future we will all find a way to get together again.
One of the ladies is having a jewelry party in June that I hope to attend,
must make a note of that.
It was wonderful to spend a night with so many fabulous females and I
really enjoyed meeting some new friendly faces.
My Cousin keeps cool company and I'm grateful that I was included in the celebration.
It's times like Saturday night that renew my love for life and the fabulous folks
I have in mine.
Take a bow ladies because you all made me feel like I was twenty again!

Well it's Monday and that means I must make even more of an effort to
make it a marvelous one.
If you're asking why that is?, then Monday's don't do the same to you
as they do to me.
I'll add a couple pictures and a song that will etch the excellence of that
night in my mind forever.
Don't know why but one of us didn't make it into the second picture, I blame Kevin....hehe
Thanks for reading what's trickling around the think tank today and I hope
happiness and well health are yours.





2 comments:

  1. Wow - great blog! I didn't realize Sue had such talented family - lol! Thanks for the memories and you are now saved into my favourites for more reading in the future! Thanks again for a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monique!
    It does my blood pumper proudly seeing that you liked it. I need another night out soon, hope we can get together for some more fun.

    ReplyDelete