Thursday 23 February 2012

For The Love Of Laughter......

For the love of laughter my belly shakes so.
That's just one of several silly lines sliding around my mind grounds today.
I think it may have something to do with the cold medicine I'm taking.
No worries though as this could make for some funny reading.

Today marks my Mother's 62nd birthday and I am hoping to bring her some
treats from Red Lobster later. At the moment however, I find myself
thinking about how many of those years I only saw her once or twice through
a 365 day span.
Now that I'm grown it's all changed and I can spend time with her when I like.
You see, my Sister and I were raised by our Father and his Mother (Meme)
and for reasons I didn't understand then, we only saw our Mom a couple
times a year.
Sometimes that lack of living together comes into play with our adult
relationship now.
I haven't lived with my Mother since I was about three years old but my Sis
lived with her for a time when she was a teen.
Some of you reading this may find these lines to be sad, not so, we had a full and
fun childhood that was filled with lots of love and I'm glad we were raised the
way we were.
It must have been terribly painful for her watching her children grow up with
someone else guiding them.
I'm happy to have her and my Stepfather in our lives and I'm grateful for the time
they spend with our children, it's so different from what my Sister and I knew.
They love their Grandchildren and it pleases my blood pumper to see them being
steady influences in their young lives.

I last typed about looking forward to a concert I was going to, remember?
Well it was a wonderful night out and after the show we came back here
and I made kettle popcorn which my company loved.
I've been a big Beatles fan since I was a teen and it was awesome to sing along
to all the songs I love, my favorites for the night were Across The Universe and
The Two Of Us.
I was full of life and had a hard time going to sleep that night, think my head finally
hit the pillow around 2am.
Glad I got out and had some fun because by the weekend I was holed up in the
nest with the Flu that has now turned into a head cold.
Sure hope I heal in a hurry because I have big plans for Saturday night!
I'm going stateside with a bunch of ladies to celebrate my Cousin's 41st birthday
and I know it will be a terrific time.
Also there will be another comical Cousin joining us and I look forward to any time
I get to spend with her.
We are going to a dance club and though I'm not very good on my feet I'm
anxious to get out again and move about wildly in the midst of this Winter.
I tend to hibernate this time of year and it looks like dancing is something I
will be doing twice in a ten day span.....that's fantastic for me!
A bit of a lard load I am and always in need of more exercise 
Two of the ladies are ones that I had lunch with back in December and whenever
I'm around these fine females I laugh largely and end up sore in the stomach when
I return home, I so can't wait!

Well folks, I must get at the day I've been gifted with.
I hope this one finds you well and in a wonderful way, thanks for reading
what's on my mind.

Happy 62nd Mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment