Thursday 16 February 2012

Halfway Through....

Well we are you know, halfway through February that is and I must say
it's been a marvelous Winter so far. Not much snow to speak of and until recently
we've enjoyed warmer temps around here.
Valentines Day was wonderful here, the best in the last six years for sure!
My Hubby Bub was extra nice this year and bought me a beautiful double glassed
heart candle and a very sweet card that made my eyes leak.
Never has he been big in wordly ways but he sure did dandily this time.

As usual, leaving the nest took much effort on my part this morning but I'm happy
to say that I made it out and greeted our Son's with a smile on my face.
May not be much to those of you reading but it's an accomplishment for me.
I have much to look forward to today.
First I will be going for an ultra sound that will show my Doctor how big
and bad my hernia is.
I know what your thinking, how can anyone look forward to an ultra sound?
After all the confusion and mix ups prior to my last surgery, I'll glady go for any
testing that will show them what they need to know.
My youngest Son will be home for lunch and I enjoy that everyday, gone are
the days of my oldest in high school being able to have lunch at
home, man do I miss that.
I know all of you parents out there feel the same way about their
growing (grown) children.
Frequently do I say this but boy am I'm feeling it today.....
"time flies and gains speed with each passing year"
Later tonight I will be going to see a Beatles tribute band with my gracious Cousin.
She called a few weeks ago to invite me because her Husband didn't dsire to go
and he suggested taking me because of my life long love for Paul McCartney and
the Liverpool Lad's.
I've been anxiously awaiting this day, can't wait to get my Hard Days Night on!

Life just wouldn't be the same if we didn't also have heart hurts along the way and
today the one that has a hold on me is the 8th anniversary of my Uncles passing.
I would like to share one of my favorite memories of him with you because it
brings a smile to my face and a hug to my heart.
He was a large church going man and easily one of the most sociable
males I have ever met.
Whenever I made it to mass there was my smiling Uncle sitting in his usual
spot at the very back of the church with my Father in the pew with him.
I would go and join them and  find myself not listening to the priest but
instead to my Uncle.
You see he enjoyed conversation and I think mass was when he most liked
to talk about life.
If anyone else did this I would most certainly take offense to it but because
I was raised seeing that from him every time I went to church it became not only
acceptable but welcomed.
My words laid here just can't truly do justice to how much I miss him at times.
I do take comfort in the children he left behind because they can make me laugh
and smile just as he use to.
Oh I gotta share one more before I go to take on this day.
One of his Daughters is a very close friend of mine and I often recall how he would
call for her when picking her up for work.
Around the corner his big old car would come and he would stop right in front
of her door.
Then he'd start laying on the horn and yelling her name, I lived right next to her
and always laughed out loud when I'd hear his horn.
Well it's that time again, gotta get to the day at hand.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and I do hope this day is a happy one for you!
P.S I'm including a pic of my beloved Uncle and I from a Christmas in the 70's along
with a song that he sang so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment