Tuesday 17 April 2012

Down To The Dough Of It......

That seemed like a fitting title for what I can be found doing in this day.
I'm making perogies and so far it's going well.
Music plays as I bounce and bop about, I feel good in doing something constructive.
Soon will Cousins be coming from further north for a visit and they will be bringing
their new baby with them, I so can't wait to see them!
Hopefully many of my family members will be able to gather with them and enjoy
some of my efforts from today.

A little guy close to my blood pumper turned three yesterday and we enjoyed
a party, pizza and the best thing, watching him open his presents.
Actually I may have enjoyed the sight of anticipation on his face prior to
the presents even more!
Many of my Cousins and their families were there and it was wonderful to get
together with them for a pleasant visit.
It felt super to smile and share laughter with all of them again.
Of course this makes me want our upcoming family vacation to be here tomorrow
and as we headed for home, my mind raced around ideas for July.
I also was able to try something new last night, my Cousin was gifted some
elk kielbasa and we were all offered some....excellent!
He even gave us a piece to take home, think I'll have some with my lunch.
My Hubby Bub and some of the other men entertained themselves with big
hunting discussions.
It always brings a smile to my face and makes me laugh about how intensely 
they are all into it, I remember feeling the same way about archery and hunting
in my childhood.
Of course that slanted statement doesn't apply when deer season is upon
us, then they just make me nutso-mutso!

Our youngest just came home for lunch and was full of questions and
curiosity, as he usually is.
His mind is inquisitive over the latest news headlines around here
and he wants to know why a nineteen year old would want to kill their
family members.
I found it difficult to explain to a nine year old why anyone would do
something so horridly horrific.
How the heck do I know why one would want to end another persons life?
I quickly diverted the conversation to something sweeter and also
of his interest lately.
Soccer played with school friends is an enjoyable activity he partakes in so
we spoke of that while he ate his lunch.
He deposited his dishes in the sink and stated love for me as he scooted
out the door.
Anxious he was to get back to the big game at hand.
I returned sweet says, wishing him well in the afternoon ahead and reminded him to
listen and behave, he frequently needs to be reminded about acceptable behavior
and good choices.

Well I must get back to perogy pinching and whatever the rest of this day has
in store for me.
Thank you for reading what's on my mind and may you feel the blessings from
life's lovely little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment