Monday 30 April 2012

Make Nice Monday......

I hope it does because waking to rain wasn't so wonderful.
Actually it would be nice if it pours so we can see if the newly shingled
back side of our house will hold up.
Since my last blog things have been well enough around here.
Our Anniversary was awesome and I even had eye leaks over the card
Hubby and the kids gave me.
I did have a bit of turmoil on Thursday at my Doctors appointment.
He cut my calluses on the bottom of my feet and nicked the nerve on my right one.
It's healing now and I am in a  much better way,
I've always been a pansy in pain so for my families sake I'm glad it's past.

Over the weekend I spent some time thinking about the past.
Yes I know that it's not always a productive way of going about in
a day but sometimes it can't be helped. 
Besides, I was reminiscing in the right way, with fondness over
marvelous memories made.
Locked in my think tank were times I had nearly forgotten until then.
It was like a flood I tell ya.
Twenty-five and thirty years ago flying through the mind grounds.
All brought about by some pictures a Cousin put online.
I could instantly see a much thinner me running along the Lake Huron shoreline.
In one of the pictures you could even see my old mountain tent that held so
many magnificent memories of my childhood.
I also spent some time this weekend at one of my favorites places on earth.
Hubby and I were at our Aunt and Uncles house yesterday and I found a few
minutes here and there out by the lake.
It was a gorgeous day even though it was on the cooler side.
As I sat by the shore thinking of the wonderful times I've had at this house in the last
twenty-one years or so, I was filled with fine feelings over all the family members
who have enjoyed laughter and love with us there.
Yes I thanked the big guy while I was deep in thought.
I thanked him for many things yesterday as I'm doing now.

I want to let you all know how very much this blog has helped me lately.
As I type and reflect I give much thought to the words I lay in lines.
Never was I one to stop and think before speaking but when I type
it's something I do without much effort.
Thank you for giving me an audience to relay my feelings to.
It's been therapeutic and has even brought me belly shakes reading back
on some of my sentence says.
Every now and again I don't even understand what I've tried to say.

I also had some excitement yesterday.
Bought myself a ticket for the Rockin' Rodeo on the May 2-4 weekend.
It's official, Hubby and I will be going to see Dean Brody in concert!
Any of you who know me well, know how happy this makes me.
There is almost nothing in the world I look forward to more than Summer
concert season.

Much do I have to do in this day and I must get to it so I'll bid you all
farewell for now and leave you with a song from the singer I mentioned above.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may the remainder of this day
be fine for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment