Friday 20 April 2012

Flock Of Families.....

That's what we were last night.
I previously posted about one of our Cousins coming
home for a visit with his Wife and brand new baby boy.
First, some of us met up at the nursing home so we could see
Meme with the baby.
No one enjoys a new life more than she does and it's truly
terrific to see her smiling when a wee one is near.
We didn't stay long because I wanted to go help set up for
the feast we were about to share.

We gathered at another Cousin's house and we all contributed something.
I spent sixteen hours this week making perogies for all of us to enjoy and
it did my blood pumper proudly to bring something to the party that people
are pleased with.

I was especially proud of our Cousin, the hostess.
This is the woman that lost her Father to Cancer last October and even
though she is still struggling daily with the loss, she opened her home
and heart to us all.
Thank you for doing that lady, I love you for many reasons but the most
recent ones came to light last night.
That we were all able to arrange our schedules on short notice and flock
with family for a few hours was wonderful and found me thanking the
big guy for helping us to make it happen.
Also, many thanks to everyone for a great get together! 

When I was asked to call everyone with details of our gathering
I vicariously volunteered.
Always happy to include everybody, I took it upon myself to call on
a Cousin that we don't often see.
She was very close with the guest of honor when he was growing up and
I knew that if she joined us it would make him and his Mother very happy.
Right I was in my assumption and I can't you how marvelous it made me
feel to make his Mother's eye's leak. 
She was surprised seeing so much effort from everyone in greeting
her Son, Daughter-In-Law and new Grandchild.
The sight of so many family members gathering together for them
just made the tears fall from her face.
Gravy to me, indeed!

I always look forward to spending time with the loved ones in my life but
when any of us gather as we age it fills me with gratitude for those I
proudly call my family.
So many magnificent memories of when we were growing up together.
Seeing them all with little lives they've created comforts me to know we still
share not only our past but the present and hopefully if it's in God's goodwill,
the future.

Today another Cousin (one of my closest friends) is forty-eight
and I'm making dinner in her honor.
I've invited the twenty others from last night over for Chicken Soo Gai and
have not the first clue who will show but I'm sure it'll be a swell time.
Pretty excited I am for it to begin.
Mainly because the birthday girl has been hit with hard times recently and
at the moment is in the middle of car woes.
Never nice to go through when the cash flow is low.
I wasn't close with her growing up, mainly because of the space
between our ages but she became one of my best friends when
she moved in next door to us about ten or so years back.
If  huge hearts were a big bucks bank account this lady would never have
another car complication.
It's been wonderful seeing so many folks I love lately, hope it continues.

This week has been a good one overall so far and I'm happy to type that
it's been productive and pleasant with only minor mayhem.
A busy day ahead I have so off to it I am!
I've added a couple pictures that do no justice to the joy it brought me
being there, part of it all.
Thanks for reading what's on my mind and may you hold happiness in your heart.




    

1 comment:

  1. We were so completely honoured to be included last night and be in on the surprise! ! To see Billy with his baby was just surreal! It felt like yesterday when I held him and played "Mommy" to him when he was that small, and now he's a Daddy! Where has the time gone? (It's so cliché)
    It was so nice to include a new generation (our children) into the family I grew up with spending long summers with and who hold so many of the memories I have from growing up. My only wish is that we do it more often! I would love to host another get together! We need to do this; for us and more importantly for our children! They need to know what a cool, loving family we have! Most of the Patriarchs and Matriarchs are gone now, and it is up to us to continue the traditions and make new memories.
    Gere; I really can't thank you enough for including us and making a delicious meal for us.(Damn, your perogies ROCK Girl!! Shawna; Thank you so much for opening your home to us. It was so fantastic to take a trip down memory lane and remember all those great times we had, and now the family has grown up and it is up to us to do our part to keep those memories alive and create new ones. I want to get to some of the new cousins I have never met! So thanks again for a special night of fellowship and yummy food. It meant the world to Zachary and I!
    Love you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete